Ravenwood at Whitehaven

kwc

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Good luck to both teams.  Hoping for an injury free game for BOTH teams.  Hoping for totally neutral refs.

T$$AA please stay out of it and let the young men play!

Amen!!!

I have to admit, the 1st three rounds have been officiated nicely. No appearance of favoritism or incompotence. Right down the middle.

Edited by kwc

17 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

I'm actually an actual Ravenwood fan. Yes I will also support other midstate teams, just like you would support teams from the 901 as well and Maryville folks would support an East TN team. 

Gotcha.

Who are your play makers? What kind of O do you guys run? What kinda of D? Stuff like that. For those of us who don't know about your team.

48 minutes ago, kwc said:

Some of you who have seen Ravenwood clue those of us who have not seen them what to expect. Who are the star players? What kind of offense do they run? What kind of defense? That kind of stuff.

Very good up front on both sides, including OT Gabe Sleenhoff who is getting interest from low D1 schools/ivies. On defense, LB Graham Barton is looking at offers from similar schools. Smaller, borderline undersized skill players but make up in speed what they lack in size. Look at the connection between QB Bryan Garcia and WRs Anthony Holmes, Andrew Mason and Evan Coleman along with RBs Tony Rice, William Baine and Jordan Smith.  

Tactically Ravenwood runs a 3/4-4/3 hybrid on defense and a spread on offense, but the spread is an unorthodox one, think Ravenwood under Hester and/or Auburn University under Malzahn. Maybe with more shifts and misdirection. I know Whitehaven is usually full of large athletes, so we'll see how the Raptors match up.  

10 hours ago, tnfootball88 said:

said the same thing the first two games.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see but now that I think about it actually the first teo games I remember us getting out coached and out schemed. Defense is gonna have to play extremely disciplined and focused against Ravenwood.