Ravenwood at Whitehaven

kwc

2 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

It looked like a big hit to dislodge the receiver from the ball to me. I don’t get how they took the player out the game but picked up the flag and didn’t give y’all the penalty yards? You’re right far from over. 

Regardless. He has to sit out of the championship game. I hate it for him. That guy carried the team at QB during the regular season, to get to play his natural position of safety during the post season. To have his last chance to play in the championship game stripped like that make you feel bad for him. He laid a lick on the WR to jar the ball loose, and had his season end. We will have to win one for the Gipper!

12 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

For sure one of the good coaches in the state. would love to see him coach at a school without constant 3/4 stars, though. nothing against him just kinda reminds me of Les Miles

WH has a healthy supply of studs BECAUSE he is the HC at WH. They get scholarships because of the program he put in place. 

Nevertheless ... Les Miles, he is NOT. How many championship games did Les coach in? This makes 4 for coach Saulsberry.

Les Miles! You are entitled to your opinion ... I just think your opinion on this coach is misguided, at best.

Edited by kwc

1 minute ago, kwc said:

Regardless. He has to sit out of the championship game. I hate it for him. That guy carried the team at QB during the regular season, to get to play his natural position of safety during the post season. To have his last chance to play in the championship game stripped like that make you feel bad for him. He laid a lick on the WR to jar the ball loose, and had his season end. We will have to win one for the Gipper!

What made that call terrible was they player got a personal foul call for leading with the helmet but was not ejected but they ejected our guy!!! But that's neither here nor there.....we made the correct adjustments and sneed #11 did his job and the game opened the 2nd half and we did what we do play physical football!!!!! #2 was laying the wood and woke the guys up and now onced again we are headed to the ship when everybody counted us out!!!! Rw played a great game  safe travels home....dont like this Thursday game but it is what it is!!! Oakland we coming to party, see ya at the dance!!!! RESPECT DA HAVEN!!!!!

6 minutes ago, kwc said:

While I believe the hit indeed was helmet to helmet, the rule that an ejection also translates into an automatic one game suspension is archaic. Even if you do something that warrants an ejection, I don’t understand why sitting out the rest of said game (the definition of an ejection)  isn’t enough in the eyes of the rules. 

4 minutes ago, LoveForTheGame said:

While I believe the hit indeed was helmet to helmet, the rule that an ejection also translates into an automatic one game suspension is archaic. Even if you do something that warrants an ejection, I don’t understand why sitting out the rest of said game (the definition of an ejection)  isn’t enough in the eyes of the rules. 

It is a cover all in case someone is ejected late in a game. That is my guess anyway.

8 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

we did what we do play physical football!!!!! #2 was laying the wood and woke the guys up

We are a physical team for sure. We can play smash mouth with the best. I agree ... #2 was laying wood all night. I think WH has the best LB Corp in the entire state, regardless of classifications. Those guys are just BEASTS!

37 minutes ago, tnfootball88 said:

For sure one of the good coaches in the state. would love to see him coach at a school without constant 3/4 stars, though. nothing against him just kinda reminds me of Les Miles

Whitehaven hasn't always had constant 3/4 stars although we’ve always had the talented athletes. It’s the way he’s built the program that has taken it to the next level. Whitehaven student athletes get recruited like they do because it’s the standard. It’s a lot of schools in Memphis that have the same caliber athletes that Whitehaven has. 

49 minutes ago, kwc said:

I hate it for him too especially when he was just trying to play his heart out like he’s done all season...But I loved the way I saw him encouraging his teammates and keeping them motivated going into that second half. I agree; it just adds extra motivation to get the job done next week.

18 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Whitehaven hasn't always had constant 3/4 stars although we’ve always had the talented athletes. It’s the way he’s built the program that has taken it to the next level. Whitehaven student athletes get recruited like they do because it’s the standard. It’s a lot of schools in Memphis that have the same caliber athletes that Whitehaven has. 

either way a good coach. congrats to da haven on another championship berth should be a good game to watch next week.