1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

First I would like to say congratulations to Whitwell’s players they did everything they could to win the game, but to bad the play on the field did not determine the outcome of this game. Cornersville was called for 5 holding calls Whitwell had zero and I saw plenty.With that being said if Cornersville does on offense the second half what they did the last series of the game we are not having this discussion now and Cornersville is state champs. All we can do is learn from it and move on.

15 minutes ago, hammerhound said:

First I would like to say congratulations to Whitwell’s players they did everything they could to win the game, but to bad the play on the field did not determine the outcome of this game. Cornersville was called for 5 holding calls Whitwell had zero and I saw plenty.With that being said if Cornersville does on offense the second half what they did the last series of the game we are not having this discussion now and Cornersville is state champs. All we can do is learn from it and move on.

It would be different if they wasn’t holding lol 

11 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

CB... Why you so salty? Whitwell won a gold  ball... Plain and simple... They made plays when it mattered.. We can play the IMO game all day... But the Fact is... Whitwell is 2018 Class 1A state champ...

I’m not salty. Just find it humorous that y’all think s Pitt and greenback are the only hard places to play and saying that c’ville didn’t play in tuff environments like Lc and Huntington. Whitwell won in regular season to prevent from going on the road to s. Pitt in quarters is why I think they were able to get past s Pitt in playoffs. Whitwell is the state champ and I’m proud for those kids bc they never quit but any whitwell fan who thinks they could have scored two or three more tds or wasn’t dominated in every part of the game but the final score is living in a fantasy world. Just be happy the luck went your way and be happy for the kids. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

I’m not salty. Just find it humorous that y’all think s Pitt and greenback are the only hard places to play and saying that c’ville didn’t play in tuff environments like Lc and Huntington. Whitwell won in regular season to prevent from going on the road to s. Pitt in quarters is why I think they were able to get past s Pitt in playoffs. Whitwell is the state champ and I’m proud for those kids bc they never quit but any whitwell fan who thinks they could have scored two or three more tds or wasn’t dominated in every part of the game but the final score is living in a fantasy world. Just be happy the luck went your way and be happy for the kids. 

Thanks and amen 

45 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.. Stay in there CB... You will be a head Coach again one day... Dominated in every part? I think defensively we play pretty good... Good enough to win it... They shut us down offensively... And last time I checked... Final score is the only stat that matters? I for one know that SP isnt the only tough place to play. I think Whitwell should have scored at least two more times but credit CV  for stopping us on the 1 yard line. As well as stopping us when they had a 19 yard punt to the 20. Whitwell should have without a doubt scored on both of those but didn't. CV had chances to score as well but that Whitwell D you're discrediting, kept us in the game.

Edited by TigerfootballFan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Luck is when hard work meets opportunity.. Stay in there CB... You will be a head Coach again one day... Dominated in every part? I think defensively we play pretty good... Good enough to win it... They shut us down offensively... And last time I checked... Final score is the only stat that matters? I for one know that SP isnt the only tough place to play. I think Whitwell should have scored at least two more times but credit CV  for stopping us on the 1 yard line. As well as stopping us when they had a 19 yard punt to the 20. Whitwell should have without a doubt scored on both of those but didn't. CV had chances to score as well but that Whitwell D you're discrediting, kept us in the game.

Is this the guy that was taking lessons from Casey Tate lmbo 

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

If you score on the drive that ended at the 1 then you would have only had one opportunity to score the whole game. the only reason you had a chance to score the one you did is bc your defense made a great stand and forced a punt which was a very bad one and you only had to go 20 yards.  So don’t act like the offense was moving up and down the field at will giving themselves scoring chances like c’ville did. Whitwells defense was bend but don’t break and made big plays at the right time