Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

18 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Peabody looked a little flat but that is to be expected considering we are playing the Bulldogs next week.  But there were signs of good football.  Coach Jacobs and his staff are the best around and they will have the boys ready to play.  Teams around here give us their best.  We wont always beat people by multiple tds.  What matters most is winning and winning at the proper time.  This is a proud program and it will not go down without a fight.  Roll Tide!

Why is being flat to be expected due to the opening game of the season that is happening a week later? 

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

With all due respect 2 South Gibson, Covington's one-point win over the Hornets was a mere hiccup in the middle of the road for Covington last season.

Peabody lost to GC- S-Gibson played well against Covington.  Peabody was not the best team on the field that night and we lost. S. Gibson was a 2 point conversion from winning.  With all due respect, That is why we play 4 quarters.  On a given night any powerhouse can be beat.  Do u think Alcoa had a hiccup night.  No Covington came to play...……..

1 hour ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

Why is being flat to be expected due to the opening game of the season that is happening a week later? 

You got to know the intensity of Milan/Peabody rivalry.  That being said, it was just an observation of mine.  The intensity level will be off the charts Thursday night.  Just make the trip over to the Palace and see for your self.

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

No he isn’t and we aren’t talking about the last 30 years that definitely doesn’t matter. He is talking about the last 10 years. Programs change 

That is so right Tide21- We are talking about lately.  The best programs in the last 5 years have been Dresden, Peabody and UC