predictions for oneida and clarkrange?

TheAnswer9

Oneida is always tough to beat at home. They played AC--a very solid 2A team down to the wire at AC on Saturday afternoon. Once the football players learn the new system, watch out. Till then...in what many users will consider a "mild upset" I'm going with Oneida to win despite losing Sexton and Terry among others to graduation.

From reading the team preview in the Scott County News, the Indians will have a solid group of players on the boys side of things season. I know Rockwood and Harriman are the preseason favorites, but...I'd watch for these Jr & Soph laden Indians to come on strong.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest yournumber1fan

Anybody that goes to Oneida should be prepared for a loss not because they're a decent team but because the refs are horrible over there. Oneida should just give the refs a jersey to so the other players would know they play for Oneida too. If Oneida beat Clarkrange it would be a 'great' upset because they have Green and Thompson and Oneida lost Sexton but with the refs at oneida anything could happen. Clarkrange better come ready to play... FOOTBALL. hahahaha

I hope Clarkrange will be ready for these refs and adjust to the officiating there quickly...it always gives Oneida a huge advantage which isn't right. I've seen opposing players get tackled there w/o a call! This is a good game for the Buffaloes though as they will run into this again during the season and playoffs and they can learn from it ...which still doesn't make it right!

Don't mean to stir up the stink, but there has been plenty of times I have went to Clarkrange to watch area teams play and they got the screw put to them. Moe or Curley (the old ref with the afro that has been calling Clarkrange games for years) is about as bad as it gets. Heck, I have seen him calling games from the bleachers while he was talking to Clarkrange fans. So, Buffalo fans need not worry about officiating, because they get taken care of at home, that is for sure.

[Edited by kingbrian3 on 11-26-02 11:42A]

Guest yournumber1fan

Is the score from the scoreboard right? Did Clarkrange drop Oneida by 30 something or was it a typo? It says 74-40 the Rangers. If it's right looks like the refs couldnt even win it for Oneida.

If you have the opportunity to see Oneida this year, you will be amazed at the difference in the play from the previous years. The coaching change (entire prior staff is gone) has brought changes to the style of play. Clarkrange's whiney fans should appreciate Coach Pile and his steady bench demeanor and the organization he has brought to that team yet I guess they wish to blame the officiating. I guess that is why they spend most of February home reading box scores rather than watching their team play and reading about Oneida's substate game in March.

After observing this Oneida team once this year, I presume they will be reading the box scores in late February despite a talented young team. After hearing their fans in the stands, the officiating is not their reason for playing poorly but the blame is put on the new coaches. Oneida fans have been spoiled in the past with young 300% dedicated coaches and students of the game. Those coaches have moved on much like other successful 300% dedicated coaches such as Ricky Norris and Lendell Goldston. I wish Oneida success this year; however, the likelihood of that looks slim.