Grundy football???

chs4life

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by jacket4life:

I heard he wants to go to Coffee Co. to be head coach. Did not work once not going to work now!!

Mike Brown is a very good coach. If anything "didn't work" last time it would be entirely different. He was there as an assistant coach. IF he got the head coaching job it would be different.

I think Mike has earned his shot to be a head coach.

Del.

Coach C will remain at GC and retire there. He has his dream job. Hopefully he can get all of the jacket fans on his side and help that football team bring home a state championship!!!

P.S. For all you people out there that claim to be supporters, help support getting a middle school in that county. you would see your test scores, attendance, and sports programs sky rocket. Then we would be talking about football, baseball, and girls basketball competing year in and year out for the state championship!!! :D

Middle school would be great. Is this in the works? Has it been proposed? Who do we contact?

Hope Coach Brown stays, he has worked hard to develop a line @ Grundy and has done extreamly well with the number and size of kids he had. If not I wish him well, he is a great person and Coach.

Posted by THEDOC:

Coach C will remain at GC and retire there. He has his dream job. Hopefully he can get all of the jacket fans on his side and help that football team bring home a state championship!!!

P.S. For all you people out there that claim to be supporters, help support getting a middle school in that county. you would see your test scores, attendance, and sports programs sky rocket. Then we would be talking about football, baseball, and girls basketball competing year in and year out for the state championship!!! :D

THEDOC,

You seem to be in the know. How do you know Ken isn't going anywhere?

For the record I don't think he wants to go anywhere either, but I wouldn't claim to know for sure.

As for the middle school I hope somebody donates $10,000,000.00 to the county so we could do it. In case anybody hasn't checked our tax base isn't very strong. Those who own property bear the burden. Our sales tax base is small. And since we're still paying for a new high school I don't see us affording a middle school any time soon. I'd like to see it but I doubt it.

I think our county does a great job supporting athletics. But I say again that some pull only for support for one sport and wish others would go away so their budget was larger. We have to work with what we have and share. If everyone would pack the stands at all sporting events we would do pretty well money wise. Instead many stay at home and watch the games on GCTV. GCTV was never intended to keep folks at home, but instead to give fans a chance to see the games a second time, or for those who work or are shut-ins. But overall attendance is way down for all sports. Some like vollyball, wrestling and softball basically only have the players parents in the stands. That's sad.

Real support is a mentality. We have to get the fever for all sports not just football. Having the fever for just one sport creates resentment. It's kind of like only having pep rallies for football. The players in other sports wonder why nobody schedules one during their season.

I love football. I played it for 7 years, coached elementary for 5 years and covered it full time for 11. The reason I became a sportswriter/photographer is football. BUT football isn't everything. The other sports deserve full support as well. Until that happens I don't see any more state titles coming to the mountain.

Del.