TCA 18-5(8-1) vs. Peabody 16-7(7-1)

Intense

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, pioneer42 said:

I will take TCA at home. Someone asked the question last night and I couldn't answer. Say we all three finish 2-2 against each other and everyone splits their two games, who wins the tiebreaker? 

TCA is no doubt the better team. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I would agree. TCA is a better team than Peabody.   I still see GC as the favorite to win the district.   TCA got them once.  Don’t see it happening again. 

GC has definitely has played some great ball this year and at times not so great. Can they turn the light switch back on? GC has played three meaningful games in January and is 2-1. I think when they were playing well they were playing quality competition game in and game out and couldn't slack off with a Halls. GC gets back going like they were in December they have a legitimate shot at a Gold Ball. They play like they did against TCA and Dyersburg we are subject to struggle with any one.

14 hours ago, BullShark said:

I think TCA jumps out to a quick lead with their press.  They will lead by as many as 12-14 in the first half and into the third quarter and will hold off a frantic comeback by Peabody and win by 6.  The district regular season title will come down to the GC v TCA game next week.

Wow!  You need to go into the palm reading business!  Pretty good prediction!  51-49 TCA was final.  We did have a good early lead.  Peabody is very dangerous.  Their guards are really quick and drive to the basket really well.  TCA’s post play was difference in the game.  Going to be a barn burner Tuesday night!

1 hour ago, Intense said:

Wow!  You need to go into the palm reading business!  Pretty good prediction!  51-49 TCA was final.  We did have a good early lead.  Peabody is very dangerous.  Their guards are really quick and drive to the basket really well.  TCA’s post play was difference in the game.  Going to be a barn burner Tuesday night!

Good win for TCA. Congrats. GC's offense played really well tonight. Moved the ball really well. Going to be a good game Tuesday no doubt. I am not going to predict it. I thought GC would win the last one against TCA but we see how that one turned out. You have to think if it is point differential that is the tiebreaker like you said probably a TCA loss would knock them out of 1st seed. Beat us by 1 and Trenton by 2. We beat Peabody by 22 earlier. Is that the way you see it? 

28 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Good win for TCA. Congrats. GC's offense played really well tonight. Moved the ball really well. Going to be a good game Tuesday no doubt. I am not going to predict it. I thought GC would win the last one against TCA but we see how that one turned out. You have to think if it is point differential that is the tiebreaker like you said probably a TCA loss would knock them out of 1st seed. Beat us by 1 and Trenton by 2. We beat Peabody by 22 earlier. Is that the way you see it? 

If GC wins by 2 or more on Tuesday and beats Peabody on Friday, I think they will clinch.  If GC beats TCA by 1, then it goes to the record against seedings(that will be a tie), then it goes to point differential(tie),  then it may end up in a coin flip.  GC and TCA control their own destiny.  TCA has an easier route with GC and then Middleton.  GC has to deal with Peabody after TCA.  Peabody at home will be tough! If TCA’s post play is strong on Tuesday we will win the game by 4 or 6.  We won tonight and only got 12 points from our leading scorer.  

7 hours ago, Intense said:

If GC wins by 2 or more on Tuesday and beats Peabody on Friday, I think they will clinch.  If GC beats TCA by 1, then it goes to the record against seedings(that will be a tie), then it goes to point differential(tie),  then it may end up in a coin flip.  GC and TCA control their own destiny.  TCA has an easier route with GC and then Middleton.  GC has to deal with Peabody after TCA.  Peabody at home will be tough! If TCA’s post play is strong on Tuesday we will win the game by 4 or 6.  We won tonight and only got 12 points from our leading scorer.  

So you think GC will clinch if they beat you guys Tuesday which would give you 2 losses and Peabody 3 losses and GC 1 loss? You think? You guys kill me.  I would hope so. The way I see it if we beat you by 2 we would have the tiebreaker over you and if Peabody don't beat us by 10 or more we would have a point differential over them because we won by 22 which would be capped at 10. I think Peabody has the tiebreaker in point differential over you guys as well. Just saying if we all finish with 2 losses and we all are 2 and 2 against each other it would go to that tiebreaker if indeed what you said is true. Looks like there is no way TCA can win the 1 seed unless it beats us if your tiebreakers are correct. Looks like Peabody has to hope for a GC win against TCA and for them to beat us by 10 or more and win on a coin flip. GC's offense last night looked more like it did when we played Westview, South Side and the second Dyersburg game.

26 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

So you think GC will clinch if they beat you guys Tuesday which would give you 2 losses and Peabody 3 losses and GC 1 loss? You think? You guys kill me.  I would hope so. The way I see it if we beat you by 2 we would have the tiebreaker over you and if Peabody don't beat us by 10 or more we would have a point differential over them because we won by 22 which would be capped at 10. I think Peabody has the tiebreaker in point differential over you guys as well. Just saying if we all finish with 2 losses and we all are 2 and 2 against each other it would go to that tiebreaker if indeed what you said is true. Looks like there is no way TCA can win the 1 seed unless it beats us if your tiebreakers are correct. Looks like Peabody has to hope for a GC win against TCA and for them to beat us by 10 or more and win on a coin flip. GC's offense last night looked more like it did when we played Westview, South Side and the second Dyersburg game.

The regular season in this district looks like it comes down to Tuesday's game.  Big stakes here because the district regular season winner will only play one game against a team remotely capable of giving them a game.  The district winner gets guaranteed a #1 or #2 seed in the Region tourney because the 4 teams outside of TCA, Peabody and GC are horrendous.

4 minutes ago, BullShark said:

The regular season in this district looks like it comes down to Tuesday's game.  Big stakes here because the district regular season winner will only play one game against a team remotely capable of giving them a game.  The district winner gets guaranteed a #1 or #2 seed in the Region tourney because the 4 teams outside of TCA, Peabody and GC are horrendous.

Yep you are right. If the tiebreakers are correct, which I haven't seen only read on here, looks like a loser leave town match  between us and TCA. A GC win would keep Peabody mathematically alive if I am not mistaken. Winner of the district will likely see Halls or a bye in the quarters and Humboldt in the semis. One thing that definitely works in GC's favor that hasn't ever been the case I can remember in GC history is if we do see a foul happy crew GC is 10 deep and possibly 12 that they can throw at you and won't miss a beat. I know when it gets close to Tournament time some of these refs want to be seen and  puts  a lot of teams without depth in a big bind.. 

13 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gibson County is the best team in the state and now they could come in 2 or 3 in the district. Oh my, in my opinion It won’t happen.  The TCA win against GC shocked me but got their attention, I’m going with GC by 12 over TCA this time. 

I don't like rankings and pay 0 attention to them. We got beat by TCA and we were still the number 1 team in the state because you guys and Clarkrange lost same week I guess. Go figure that.  My rankings have you guys number 1 and the bullseye on you because yow are the defending champs.