Gibson Co (25-2) at Trinity Christian (20-5)

WestTnGuru

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Great game.  TCA will be a handful for anyone they play. Their size a problem for anyone.  GC was able to get a lead in the 4th again like they did at GC but this time they closed it out.  The technical foul was ridiculous.  You can’t make that call.   4 pt swing.  

Yeah and they still win. That was indeed one of the biggest BS calls I have ever seen. That ref ought to never be able to ref again. GC lucky to win that game. That call itself would have sunk most teams. TCA got tired late I thought and the two or three TO's late cost them. But they are a good team and Ned to be in the top 5 in the state. They can beat anybody in the state.

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah and they still win. That was indeed one of the biggest BS calls I have ever seen. That ref ought to never be able to ref again. GC lucky to win that game. That call itself would have sunk most teams. TCA got tired late I thought and the two or three TO's late cost them. But they are a good team and Ned to be in the top 5 in the state. They can beat anybody in the state.

Pioneer,  I am a fan of neither team, I just like good basketball, but the back to back inbound turnovers GC had up 5 with under 2 to play on the baseline were very uncharacteristic and dang near cost them the game.  I thought there were easier passes available than the ones they tried to make.  I kept thinking they would throw a “homerun” ball because all of tca’s defenders were between the inbounder and GC’s players in the front court.  Technical foul was ridiculous for sure, but there were poor calls spread out on both sides pretty equally outside of that.  Round 3 in 2 weeks

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC got lucky to win the game? and TCA got tired late?...hmm....that's been GC's strategy all season...run in and out 10 players and never miss a beat...I guess that's why they're 26-2 and #1 in the state...

Great game tonight!  TCA missed way too many easy shots around the basket.  If they hit a third of those shots they win the game.  GC is a great team as I’ve said before.  Utmost respect for the coach, team and program.  GC is small but scrappy and extremely disciplined.  I think they will beat Peabody by 10 on Friday.  Hope to see a rematch with GC in about two weeks.  I think Peabody will be a tough semi game for either team.  I think TCA is definitely a top 5 team in the state.  One Senior on the team and those 8th graders sure held their ground tonight!  

Edited by Intense

4 minutes ago, Intense said:

Great game tonight!  TCA missed way too many easy shots around the basket.  If they hit a third of those shots they win the game.  GC is a great team as I’ve said before.  Utmost respect for the coach, team and program.  GC is small but scrappy and extremely disciplined.  I think they will beat Peabody by 10 on Friday.  Hope to see a rematch with GC in about two weeks.  I think Peabody will be a tough semi game for either team.  I think TCA is definitely a top 5 team in the state.  One Senior on the team and those 8th graders sure held their ground tonight!  

You all have a very good team, and should've been credited with that in my first post a few minutes ago. You have the full package to be a very good Single A team - good guard and post play with size everywhere. 

25 minutes ago, cofo said:

GC got lucky to win the game? and TCA got tired late?...hmm....that's been GC's strategy all season...run in and out 10 players and never miss a beat...I guess that's why they're 26-2 and #1 in the state...

Think they were lucky to win the game because the technical changed the momentum for sure. 4 point swing. If they would have called a regular foul GC might have been leading at the end of three instead of down by 4. Shows the senior leadership and the character of this team. Could have very easily lost this game but didn't lose it's cool and turned it up two notches in the 4th quarter. Showed the area why it is ranked number 1. I have gained an utmost respect for TCA in this loss than I did in their win against us. They are a very good team and it wouldn't suprise me one bit they made a serious run whoever they run into.