CPA: let's hear it

collarbone

I was told by a DCA fan that she overheard to CPA fathers saying that "Fisher and his coordinators have been at practice every day this week" I'm not bitter. We got beat and I won't make excuses, but it did seem like on defense, CPA had an edge. It's not illegal, but we all know that coach Pack is not that good. Again, just be honest.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who in the world would believe that cpa would need nfl coaches to beat another 1-ateam. Cpa lost the first meeting by a small deficit. Cpa and ezell are both strong teams. You act like cpa was a huge underdog. either team could ve won last night. Red boiling springs or lighthouse may have needed an nfl coach just to score but cpa... come on. Coach Pack only relies on his team of coaches. Not the nfl's. cpa won ezell lost thanks to the coaches and the players. no outside factors. :rolleyes:

Guest cntryboy

this is will martin #51 center and d-end for ezell. cpa is a good team but the way they handed it to us like they did nmakes me think that they did have a little outside help. how could they have killed our offense like that? im cool with some of their players and they are all cool guys but i still dont see how pack could have done that by himself. and to whoever wants to talk bad about my coach, talk to me about it and we will work it out somehow.

:);):(:o:D:o:rolleyes::o :confused: :x

Surely you are kidding Collarbone?!?!? I can assure you that coach Fisher wouldn't waste his time. There is always an excuse by sore losers when a loss occurs. I believe that Coach Pack has established himself very well in TN high school football, and I no, I am not a CPA fan, I am a BA fan. MBA seemed like they knew every play BA would run in the State Championship game, but I don't think they had outside help. I just think BA was out-coached and the players were out-hustled. :rolleyes:

[Edited by Brandon100 on 11-24-02 10:23P]

Will Martin,

As a CPA fan I first of all want to congratulate you on an outstanding season and I have a lot of admiration for your playing skills.

I don't think anybody from our school would ever doubt that Coach Smith is a great coach and is one of the major reasons that Ezell Football is where it is at today. That being said, we often see new schemes come into play and Coach Smith really turned the spread offense into the bread and butter of Ezell. Like all schemes, eventually somebody finds a way to beat it and you would have to agree that CPA was the most likely team to accomplish it first. Partly because we see it more often being in the same region but also in part that Coach Pack really works hard at his job. Each week he prepares lots of paper for the boys to study so they are fully prepared for the next opponent.

If you look at the games we have played since you have deployed this offense scheme it goes as follows (Sorry if the scores are not 100% accurate)

2000 - CPA 54: Ezell 0 (Shelley was just learning the scheme)

2001 - CPA 18?: Ezell 26

2002 - CPA 7: Ezell 16 and CPA 24: Ezell 7.

As you can see it was a case of CPA refining the defense as time went by. You would agree that CPA has consistently been the team to hold you to the least points over the last 2 years.

dirtauber,

any greatness that CPA has developed is because we got tired of being taken to the woodshed by you all each year. It was you guys that showed us the level that we would have to attain to take home a State Championship.

The most heartbreaking loss for us was in 99 when we thought we had a team that could take you, sadly we were outcoached on that occasion.

Anyway good luck this week, you are a fine example of how good 1A football is because you are not in the least bit struggling in 3A.

Guest Football4life

congrats to cpa they out played ezell. i was there and cpa ran the same defense that usj ran on ezell last year in the fourth round. usj shut down ezells pass but our running game was more succesful last year. ezell didnt play their best game but a 29 game winning streak is nothing to complain about. this years seniors for ezell had 41-9 record for their high school career with 1 state title and 2 region titles nothing to complain about again. most players dont even get to experience anything like that. if i wanted to lose to any team it would be cpa they r classy and a well coached.

I was at that Ezell/USJ game last year and I would classify it as one of the best High School Games of all time. If I remember correctly, JP also made a few runs that night which was not very charactersitic of him up to that point. I think Antoine also scored on one or more runs but cannot recall if that was the Ezell-Collinwood game the week before.

Neither Coach Fisher nor any of his staff have ever been to a CPA practice or been involved in any way in the direction of that team. If you knew Coach Pack, you would know he would never involve any parent at that level - if you knew Coach Fisher, you would know he would decline any role beyond being his son's dad. If you are looking for hidden coaching stars, try Paul Wade.