Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

Haven't got to see this team play yet, probably won't see them until they play Hampton,just have one concern I've looked at the roster and they have very little size,I know you can neutralize size with quickness.is that how they're beating the bigger teams? i know most of these girls, I know they're extremely tough and love the game and I wish them the best of luck this year

9 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Haven't got to see this team play yet, probably won't see them until they play Hampton,just have one concern I've looked at the roster and they have very little size,I know you can neutralize size with quickness.is that how they're beating the bigger teams? i know most of these girls, I know they're extremely tough and love the game and I wish them the best of luck this year

They have very good shooters but cland is especially good defensively.  They press and create a lot of turnovers. They score a lot of points in transition.  When you're deep, you can press the whole game and give up a few fouls. The teams they've beaten were wore down in the 4th quarter.  The teams who have good guards and big posts will give cland problems. 

18 hours ago, THE KING said:

They have very good shooters but cland is especially good defensively.  They press and create a lot of turnovers. They score a lot of points in transition.  When you're deep, you can press the whole game and give up a few fouls. The teams they've beaten were wore down in the 4th quarter.  The teams who have good guards and big posts will give cland problems. 

handled unaka pretty easily if we hit our shots we win by at least 20

48 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

handled unaka pretty easily if we hit our shots we win by at least 20

Cloudland had four girls out last night with the flu two of which see playing time on varsity. Two more went to the doctor after the game last night feeling sick.  They were a step slow last night and almost the entire team has had some type of sickness. Was good to be able to come out with a win considering the circumstances. 

On 1/8/2020 at 3:11 PM, DukeDodgers said:

Cloudland had four girls out last night with the flu two of which see playing time on varsity. Two more went to the doctor after the game last night feeling sick.  They were a step slow last night and almost the entire team has had some type of sickness. Was good to be able to come out with a win considering the circumstances. 

what girls were sick and are they over it

1 hour ago, allsportsmatter said:

or is it that cloudland is up that much what was the scores from last years hampton vs chs and unaka vs cloudland

Hampton is 5-16 and they’ve had 3 losing season in a row, and Unaka is 7-14, and I have seen them play and they are not very good. Cloudland beat Unaka 3 times last year by about 10 points a game, about the same has this year. But it looks like Cloudland is on the rise and Hampton and Unaka are really struggling, just like small schools do, you have 3 to 4 good years and a few bad years.

7 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Hampton is 5-16 and they’ve had 3 losing season in a row, and Unaka is 7-14, and I have seen them play and they are not very good. Cloudland beat Unaka 3 times last year by about 10 points a game, about the same has this year. But it looks like Cloudland is on the rise and Hampton and Unaka are really struggling, just like small schools do, you have 3 to 4 good years and a few bad years.

Hampton is down mostly from not having a consistent feeder system.  Unaka loses some kids to other schools.  Cland is really strong with youth club and travel ball. They're not gonna drop off for a long time.

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Hampton is down mostly from not having a consistent feeder system.  Unaka loses some kids to other schools.  Cland is really strong with youth club and travel ball. They're not gonna drop off for a long time.

I would say Cloudland and Meigs are a lot alike, Meigs has a really good middle school program, and a lot of the better players play travel ball, and it makes a big difference. I’m hearing that Meigs will probably be 1A in a couple years, so there’s a chance those teams could cross paths again.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I would say Cloudland and Meigs are a lot alike, Meigs has a really good middle school program, and a lot of the better players play travel ball, and it makes a big difference. I’m hearing that Meigs will probably be 1A in a couple years, so there’s a chance those teams could cross paths again.

I wouldn't want to cross right now. We couldn't beat you all.  The next 4 years will be interesting.  We have some size on the way.