Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

OldCharger

Derrick Davis's Chargers

Recommended Posts

Opened Spring football up yesterday. A lot of numbers for spring and more on the way in the fall (8th graders). A lot of excitement from the kids and the coaching staff. I really do hope this excitement spills over to the community. We were given a gift from Polk County in Derrick Davis. The man has done so much already! I'm excited!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Opened Spring football up yesterday. A lot of numbers for spring and more on the way in the fall (8th graders). A lot of excitement from the kids and the coaching staff. I really do hope this excitement spills over to the community. We were given a gift from Polk County in Derrick Davis. The man has done so much already! I'm excited!!!!!

Oh it's just the beginning you guys definitely got a good one. Excited to see what he does up 411. Definitely pulling for him and the Chargers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brighter days ahead! Now if we can keep our feeder school players from going to Polk or McMinn! Then we might have something.

 

How about an oldschoolcharger practice update? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Brighter days ahead! Now if we can keep our feeder school players from going to Polk or McMinn! Then we might have something.

 

How about an oldschoolcharger practice update? 

I have a feeling won't have to worry about them going to Polk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out in shells but still did some hitting and sled work. Coaches are really into it as are the kids, going back to basics. Doing some offense and basic defense intro. Coaches are seeing good effort and attitudes with a willingness to listen and learn. A lot of work to do but like the direction this team is heading. Scrimmage next Friday at Hixson so it will be interesting to see where this team is at with just basically 8 days under a new system. 

Edited by OldSchoolCharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Davis will turn them around. May take a little time, but Polk will regret losing him to a neighboring school. Look forward to seeing them in the Jamboree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was told it was a rough practice yesterday. About 20 kids missing and a lot of mistakes. Need some momentum back. Hope these kids aren't flaking out on the hard coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much better today, Coach Davis went back to basics and a lot of review on offense. The kids picked it up and made a good effort. Most of the ones out yesterday were there today. This time of year is tough on practice with all the other activities going on at school and the year winding down. Still looking for the best fit personnel wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Was told it was a rough practice yesterday. About 20 kids missing and a lot of mistakes. Need some momentum back. Hope these kids aren't flaking out on the hard coaching.

I wouldn't worry that's just weeding out the ones that really don't want to give the effort. He will get the ship righted and the ones that stick it out will benefit from the success this team is going to have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...