Summer Co and Wilson Co spring football

GWAVE1

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

How did you look against Columbia?  I plan to attend the Blackman scrimmage.

I was trying to be open since I have not seen what Watson could bring to the table as of yet.  Offensively was a little shaky breaking in a new QB but he showed spurts.  Passing needs some work be he has good foot speed. Briggs has played for 2 years on and off at running back and he has added weight and was running hard.  In fact all the backs ran hard.  Offensive line looked good as well.  Defensively.....let’s just say Chad Broadrick is a shot in the arm!!  They looked dominant!!  Not sure how good Columbia will be this year but they could not do anything against Gallatin.  I bet 1/3 of the plays were for 1 yard or less.  I was highly impressed with the defense.  Now Blackman is a different animal and it is still spring so who knows.  As of right now, Watson has Gallatin turning the corner on and off the field.  The discipline on the sidelines was evident.  We are all liking the progress!!! 

2 hours ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

May be down a little after graduating a large senior class but I think they’re right around the 65 mark. They had around 10 miss because of injury and probably 5 playing other sports. More than likely the reason it looked scarce lol

Looked a whole lot less than that by the pictures but yeah 65 is less than usual.  

1 hour ago, CommandoBlood100 said:

You had me curious so I just looked. They have 74 currently on the varsity roster. Will probably dwindle to mid 60s during summer workouts.

Did you see any of the pictures that were taken?  I do not doubt you because there are usually 74 or more but those pictures do not show that many.  Me and a couple of others were just wondering.  

19 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I was trying to be open since I have not seen what Watson could bring to the table as of yet.  Offensively was a little shaky breaking in a new QB but he showed spurts.  Passing needs some work be he has good foot speed. Briggs has played for 2 years on and off at running back and he has added weight and was running hard.  In fact all the backs ran hard.  Offensive line looked good as well.  Defensively.....let’s just say Chad Broadrick is a shot in the arm!!  They looked dominant!!  Not sure how good Columbia will be this year but they could not do anything against Gallatin.  I bet 1/3 of the plays were for 1 yard or less.  I was highly impressed with the defense.  Now Blackman is a different animal and it is still spring so who knows.  As of right now, Watson has Gallatin turning the corner on and off the field.  The discipline on the sidelines was evident.  We are all liking the progress!!! 

Broadrick was an excellent hire from East Robertson.   That team showed a lot of improvement under his leadership.   Coach Watson has put together an excellent staff.  I'm expecting big things there in the next couple of years.

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Broadrick was an excellent hire from East Robertson.   That team showed a lot of improvement under his leadership.   Coach Watson has put together an excellent staff.  I'm expecting big things there in the next couple of years.

Lots of changes have been made that is for sure.  Intensity level and excitement levels have risen.  This staff is basically young and hungry!  After seeing that scrimmage, my expectations are rising!  These kids are working hard and really competing with each other.  How good will they be come fall....I do not know?  I like where they are headed though.  

17 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I just want to see a step in the right direction is all. But I hope they surprise me and exceed my expectations by playing with a little chip on the shoulder. 

Go watch a practice.  Then tell me what you think.  This is a hard hitting team.  Nobody removed their helmet on the sidelines nor were they goofing off during the scrimmage.  Things are changing!!