Wes Jones resigns from HVA wow

GIJoe

15 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I get what you're saying about The East used to having problems and I totally agree with you on that point.  However, like the principal says, " We live and grow together we can get over anything if we stick together!"  With that said, the east will be ok.  Hopefully, the current east coach told the AD about a possible change and hopefully the AD has someone in mind.  

And No he's not being pushed out.  

I just think he has been the best fit there in a long long time and hate to see it possibly go backward again.

21 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

How long have you been following high school football in Knoxville area?  RG is a long time assistant coach at various Knoxville high schools. Every time there is a new staff created he gets in the picture. Or sometime  he gets in on the tail end of something and tries to pull a power move, then the whole thing falls apart and he moves on. You know works behind the scenes  with players/parents and promises the world but never produces. Loved/hated but never an in-between. Won't give up that big time teaching gig, but name get mentioned for HC jobs, but never pulls the trigger because of past bad deals. Alot of people on here know him. Been hanging around since the late 90s. You'll figure it out if you have the right connections. But if you don't, you'll be better of for not figuring it out if know what l mean.

I guess I know what you mean. I've followed HS football in the area for quite a while but I guess I'm just completely out of the loop or this guy's name is staring me in the face but I'm not seeing it. Where is he coaching now (maybe that will be the hint that will make it clear to me)?

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

I guess I know what you mean. I've followed HS football in the area for quite a while but I guess I'm just completely out of the loop or this guy's name is staring me in the face but I'm not seeing it. Where is he coaching now (maybe that will be the hint that will make it clear to me)?

Refer back to HTV statement about him

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

The wildcats know him well.

14 hours ago, Turtle said:

I get what you're saying about The East used to having problems and I totally agree with you on that point.  However, like the principal says, " We live and grow together we can get over anything if we stick together!"  With that said, the east will be ok.  Hopefully, the current east coach told the AD about a possible change and hopefully the AD has someone in mind.  

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I just think he has been the best fit there in a long long time and hate to see it possibly go backward again.

The JP has done a  good job with that team over the last few years.

16 hours ago, Turtle said:

Don't know if East side guy could keep staff together or put a staff together.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:51 PM, HTV said:

Official interviews this week.   Could be done by the end of the week, or certainly by early next week. 

And I don't think any Fulton assistant is in the mix. Still think it will be a current head coach from the East side. 

HVA stays in-house. Jessie says it's Potter.

12 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

HVA stays in-house. Jessie says it's Potter.

Interesting. Do you think they really believe he's the guy to get them to a state title or is it more of a " Don't upset the apple cart" type of hire?

I would be surprised if HVA couldn't lure a HC with a proven track record to their school.

9 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Interesting. Do you think they really believe he's the guy to get them to a state title or is it more of a " Don't upset the apple cart" type of hire?

I would be surprised if HVA couldn't lure a HC with a proven track record to their school.

Look at the timing from beginning to end. The time line starts from when Jones resigned. Even though there was a new principal the original principal still had more to do with the hire. Most of you will never know who is really running the show.