2019 Ladies Classic in Greenevillle, TN

Americal198

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2019 at 1:25 PM, Dadof2 said:

Meigs returns everyone, they have two good seniors and a really strong junior class.

Excited to see Meigs and see how our East/Upper East TN teams stack up against them. However, the out of state teams sound like they could steal the show! Upperman and Greeneville will be one to keep an eye on too. Lady Devils beat the East’s favorite to make it back to the Boro and Upperman is “ranked” high as well. 

Edited by eastten

10 minutes ago, eastten said:

Excited to see Meigs and see how our East/Upper East TN teams stack up against them. However, the out of state teams sound like they could steal the show! Upperman and Greeneville will be one to keep an eye on too. Lady Devils beat the East’s favorite to make it back to the Boro and Upperman is the standard since they won gold last year. 

Meigs has already played several teams from that area this year, they won the Hardee’s classic, but this tournament has a lot better competition, I don’t know much about the teams from out of state besides Rockcastle, and there not very good unless they have improved a lot, and Upperman didn’t make it to state last year but they will still be good.

30 minutes ago, eastten said:

Excited to see Meigs and see how our East/Upper East TN teams stack up against them. However, the out of state teams sound like they could steal the show! Upperman and Greeneville will be one to keep an eye on too. Lady Devils beat the East’s favorite to make it back to the Boro and Upperman is the standard since they won gold last year. 

Looking forward to seeing Upperman and Meigs. I saw Greeneville play South Greene a couple of nights ago. Both teams play relentless defense. Both offenses run full throttle. Greeneville couldn't buy a bucket in the 3rd quarter and let the game get away from them. Greeneville is very young, but impressive. They will be exciting to watch as they grow. South Greene is not much older and plenty of fun to watch. Like Greeneville, they are well coached.

South Greene has to travel to Grainger tomorrow night, where SG lost last year.

8 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats have played both Meigs County and South Greene already this season.

Oak Ridge          51

Meigs County   42

---------------------------

Oak Ridge          69

South Greene   54

Thanks for the reminder. SG will be looking forward to a rematch.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Hopefully in the losers bracket :-D that would mean they lost to Meigs lol

No surprise, that.

While I faithfully attend and enjoy the Ladies Classic, those games don't matter as much as the ones in the District.  A District win is more important. SG is improving, we'll see how much tonight at Grainger County. BTW, I'll be pulling for Meigs and Upperman when they are not playing any of the five teams from Greene County. Meigs and Upperman will add much to the tournament.

6 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

No surprise, that.

While I faithfully attend and enjoy the Ladies Classic, those games don't matter as much as the ones in the District.  A District win is more important. SG is improving, we'll see how much tonight at Grainger County. BTW, I'll be pulling for Meigs and Upperman when they are not playing any of the five teams from Greene County. Meigs and Upperman will add much to the tournament.

I’m just joking around. I’m looking forward to this tournament as well, you don’t get to see this many good teams at one place, there should be some really good games.

9 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m just joking around. I’m looking forward to this tournament as well, you don’t get to see this many good teams at one place, there should be some really good games.

I knew you were joking. Speaking of Oak Ridge, they are a great team to watch. I saw their coach, Paige Redman, play in the tournament when she was tourney MVP with Bradley Central in 1993. Bradley won that year, putting a stop to South Greene (ahem) winning the tournament's first four years. Oak Ridge has a pretty good following that shows up. Bradley also won the tournament two years recently. We got to see Rhyne Howard play in a few games. She's tearing it up with Kentucky, as you know.

1 minute ago, Americal198 said:

I knew you were joking. Speaking of Oak Ridge, they are a great team to watch. I saw their coach, Paige Redman, play in the tournament when she was tourney MVP with Bradley Central in 1993. Bradley won that year, putting a stop to South Greene (ahem) winning the tournament's first four years. Oak Ridge has a pretty good following that shows up. Bradley also won the tournament two years recently. We got to see Rhyne Howard play in a few games. She's tearing it up with Kentucky, as you know.

Meigs has Oak Ridge and Bradley on the schedule this year, to be honest Meigs should have beat Oak Ridge this year, they led almost the hole game, just made a few mistakes at the end. I was in school in 93 so got to watch some really good girls basketball at that time, those Meigs teams were fun to watch. I think Paige was married to Aaron Green which I played against, he played at Sweetwater then went to UT, I think that’s right.