Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

14 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

JAMBOREE FINAL,

OAKLAND 14

GALLATIN 7  

My thoughts: Gallatin came out of the gate swinging and put together a nice, sustained drive and converted a 4th & Goal at the 1yd line to go up 7-0. Oakland put together a nice drive of their own, and made it 7-7. Both teams were getting in the others backfield on defense from what I could see. But Oakland made a couple key blocks which made the difference, allowing the RB to hit the corners well. QB also looked good, and made a great looking downfield pass at the end on a 3rd & 17.

Oakland after watching them is still a dominant 6A team in my opinion, and will be the team to beat in the state this year until proven otherwise.

Gallatin after watching them, have some good size and lots of athletes as well. HOLD ONTO THAT BALL! Proud of them squaring up with Oakland who has been punishing lots of good teams. Things are getting better in Wave Land, hoping for a good season this year. Thanks for coming Oakland Patriots and giving us some good work. (Also, I see you are getting a SILVER Turf Field, should look very nice)

GO GREEN WAVE!

Also to Coach Watson : We as Gallatin fans definitely enjoyed watching you not only schedule, but compete well with Blackman, CPA, Rockvale, Shelbyville, amd Oakland this Spring and Fall. 

Please continue to schedule the best Tennessee competition to get the men ready for the season ahead. 

3 hours ago, DwayneSherlin said:

The Gallatin stadium looked very good last night and so did the first team offense  on it's drive but the defense needs  to learn to tackle.  Way to many missed tackles.  I understand Oakland is 6A but tackling is tackling and that is football.  Better score alot if that's is our defense

Defense has been beyond solid in scrimmages.   Oakland is the only team this fall to have positive yards on the ground.   Having no time to properly prepare for a wing-T team against arguably the best team in Tennessee and they still had to drive the field with a lot of future college players....I think Gallatin did just fine.  It did not mean a thing, Lebanon however does.  I think Gallatin has had a solid scrimmage schedule and nobody got hurt!   Win win!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

*broom emoji..... I guess tandem and Co can be glad we didn’t “actually” play the last 3 years. 3 L’s that woulda been to extinguish their “MJ can’t beat Beech” complex they have going on.

FWIW, Beech beat mj in the 2017 jamboree 15-14. You remember 2017 don’t you? That’s the year mj beat Glencliff to start the season and you were convinced y’all were the best team in the state. Then you lost to a mediocre Riverdale team in the first round of the playoffs. 

Edited by tandem

31 minutes ago, tandem said:

FWIW, Beech beat mj in the 2017 jamboree 15-14. You remember 2017 don’t you? That’s the year mj beat Glencliff to start the season and you were convinced y’all were the best team in the state. Then you lost to a mediocre Riverdale team in the first round of the playoffs. 

Lol what a far off reply, you mad there buddy? GO Bears! Beat the Succaneers!!!

6 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Lol what a far off reply, you mad there buddy? GO Bears! Beat the Succaneers!!!

No, not mad. Just correcting you when you say mj has beaten Beech 3 yrs in a row. But I guess it’s understandable that you’d try to block out 2017. Maybe we’ll all get lucky and you’ll go underground with your tail between your legs agin this year like you did that year, “buddy”.