Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

1 hour ago, VU365 said:

Hendersonville is very physical this year and they have a handful of skill players that can run the ball and play DB on defense and all of them are solid. They’re a team that can upset some good squads and play good teams close. I expect them to finish anywhere from 1 to 3 in that region this year depending on their head to head matchups with MJ and Lebanon. Station camp is more of the same. Have one or two good athletes but they’re bad in the trenches and along the lines. They could be improved from last year, but not enough to make a huge difference on their season. Not the same program it was years ago unfortunately 

Same ole same ole from Hendersonville.   

Station Camp will probably be better than last year.  They have more size along the lines and the QB can sling it.   They just need their skill people to show up and help.  They beat MCGavock 5-3 in scores in their scrimmage and threw it around quite a bit.  Does it translate to more wins....don’t know.  

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Same ole same ole from Hendersonville.   

Station Camp will probably be better than last year.  They have more size along the lines and the QB can sling it.   They just need their skill people to show up and help.  They beat MCGavock 5-3 in scores in their scrimmage and threw it around quite a bit.  Does it translate to more wins....don’t know.  

The game they had with you all last year was the most Head-scratching result of the season for me. Me and many others expected a green wave beat down. I think you all get revenge this year in a big way against them. That made their season last year. They were hard to watch in person 

45 minutes ago, VU365 said:

The game they had with you all last year was the most Head-scratching result of the season for me. Me and many others expected a green wave beat down. I think you all get revenge this year in a big way against them. That made their season last year. They were hard to watch in person 

Should never have been that close and then to get 2 bad overtime calls which should have been touchdowns that were never called, just bad.  That game set the tone for an underachieving season in my opinion and eventually cost them a chance at the region title.  It was like sleepwalking through 3 quarters.... 

13 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Should never have been that close and then to get 2 bad overtime calls which should have been touchdowns that were never called, just bad.  That game set the tone for an underachieving season in my opinion and eventually cost them a chance at the region title.  It was like sleepwalking through 3 quarters.... 

You all will smack them this season. Yes they may be improved, but they won’t be able to hang with gallatin based on this offseason. They may finish last in that region. 1-3 in no order will be Hendersonville, Lebanon, and Mt Juliet. Then rossview, Wilson central, station camp in some order. I expect the wave to win the region over Beech but it will be those two battling it out in their region. 

27 minutes ago, VU365 said:

You all will smack them this season. Yes they may be improved, but they won’t be able to hang with gallatin based on this offseason. They may finish last in that region. 1-3 in no order will be Hendersonville, Lebanon, and Mt Juliet. Then rossview, Wilson central, station camp in some order. I expect the wave to win the region over Beech but it will be those two battling it out in their region. 

Wave over Beech.......hold on now that is a long way off and ALL the prognosticators having been singing the Bucs praises since the end of last year.  They return a boat load of players and I know for a fact that a bunch of Beech folks are thinking this is their year.  Way too much football to be played to even think Gallatin and Beech are on the same page right now.  

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Wave over Beech.......hold on now that is a long way off and ALL the prognosticators having been singing the Bucs praises since the end of last year.  They return a boat load of players and I know for a fact that a bunch of Beech folks are thinking this is their year.  Way too much football to be played to even think Gallatin and Beech are on the same page right now.  

I’m just going on what I’ve been hearing this offseason. If the wave’s scrimmages have been going like I’ve been reading then they will be very formidable in that region. 2nd at worst. Beech is beatable if that Wave defense is what I hear it is. Like I said I need to see them in person soon to get a better gauge. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t leaning towards gallatin though 

52 minutes ago, VU365 said:

I’m just going on what I’ve been hearing this offseason. If the wave’s scrimmages have been going like I’ve been reading then they will be very formidable in that region. 2nd at worst. Beech is beatable if that Wave defense is what I hear it is. Like I said I need to see them in person soon to get a better gauge. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t leaning towards gallatin though 

I'm firmly on the Gallatin train with the hiring of Watson, but putting them over Beech when they haven't played a game under Watson is a bit much. It's a challenge to transform a perennial underachiever to a title contender in Year 1

On 8/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, VU365 said:

Ended up heading over there today. Was a very fun scrimmage. Two very Hard hitting teams and both of them were hyped up. Each team intercepted the other once a piece. Lebanon also forced a fumble and recovered it. Smyrna passing game had a group of decent plays for first downs and one score. They couldn’t move the ball consistently on the ground outside of 1 or 2 runs. Exact opposite for Lebanon. They worked a lot on passing the ball and weren’t very successful outside of about 3-4 long completions. The RB was once again hardly stoppable. He must be gang tackled to get taken down. Only had about 6 carries all day and over 100yds. Final play of the scrimmage was about a 60 yard run by him for a TD. Pretty even scrimmage but it felt like if lebanon wanted to line up and run 6 every play they could have had their way. Also felt like Smyrna could have thrown the ball around all night until the lebanon INT. Smyrna was definitely the bigger team in the trenches with two Lineman around 6’4/6’5 300+lbs and the rest very big kids as well. But Lebanon looked really good in the trenches despite that. Seems like Lebanon’s strength program and weightlifting program is leaps and bounds above what it was before Chuck and his staff showed up. Kids are stronger than typical lebanon players. They don’t miss the Georgia freshman DLineman on defense at all. Both teams I saw looked like solid squads who will have good seasons!!

I don't know how much credit he should get for that because the middle schools didn't have weight programs until about 6 years ago. I believe that was something that Harp put in place. These kids last year and this year are the first kids from that group that got started in a weight program in middle school.

On 8/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I'm firmly on the Gallatin train with the hiring of Watson, but putting them over Beech when they haven't played a game under Watson is a bit much. It's a challenge to transform a perennial underachiever to a title contender in Year 1

I agree 100%. I think it has a lot more to do with me not buying the Beech stock this season than it has to do with me expecting too much from Gallatin. 

On 8/8/2019 at 12:35 AM, steelcityroller said:

I don't know how much credit he should get for that because the middle schools didn't have weight programs until about 6 years ago. I believe that was something that Harp put in place. These kids last year and this year are the first kids from that group that got started in a weight program in middle school.

The kids this year compared to what they were as freshman is a night and day difference. I agree a middle school strength program could get them started on the right foot. But that has to be continued in HS and at a higher level. As a TC supporter you know this as well as anyone. TC survives on being one of the hardest working teams in the state. So yes the middle school programs should get some credit, but the Lebanon players are working harder than Lebanon players have ever been asked too before. So a lot of that has to do with the new culture under Gentry 

3 minutes ago, VU365 said:

The kids this year compared to what they were as freshman is a night and day difference. I agree a middle school strength program could get them started on the right foot. But that has to be continued in HS and at a higher level. As a TC supporter you know this as well as anyone. TC survives on being one of the hardest working teams in the state. So yes the middle school programs should get some credit, but the Lebanon players are working harder than Lebanon players have ever been asked too before. So a lot of that has to do with the new culture under Gentry 

Lebanon should be a good team, perfect mixture for talent out there. There’s No excuse for the long tenure of mediocrity.