Sumner and Wilson Co scrimmages

GWAVE1

Clean up some mistakes and it’s at least more respectable. Commandos had 1 blocked field goal returned for a touchdown, 1 interception returned for a touchdown, Had a strip fumble returned inside the 10, 1 blocked QB quick kick returned for a touchdown, 1 bad snap on a punt that gave Oakland the ball on the 2 yard line and they scored the next play. Last night was a snowball effect. They can only get better from here.

Edited by CommandoBlood100

16 hours ago, MrFootball71 said:

Region 4 in 6A might be the weakest 6A region in the state. Went 1-5 last night.  Only 2 teams in that region will win 6 games, Mt Juliet and Lebanon.

Its too early to say after just one game. Every year there are teams that look DOA one week and then go on to be championship caliber teams. And the reverse as well.

I find it hard to imagine all these teams being that bad considering that somebody has to win these region games and they have some easy non-region games.

But I know from looking at the rosters that most of this region lost alot from last year. You really don't have anybody returning a bunch of starters like you did last year.

Wilson Central and Rossview both have manageable non-region schedules.

Hendersonville is gonna have a rough year unless they improve fast.

Station Camp could possibly go 0-10. They lost to what may end up being their best chance at a win on opening night. And have remaining non-region games against Gallatin, Beech and Stewarts Creek.

Lebanon has a handful of games that I would be comfortable picking them but the rest IDK yet.

13 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Its too early to say after just one game. Every year there are teams that look DOA one week and then go on to be championship caliber teams. And the reverse as well.

I find it hard to imagine all these teams being that bad considering that somebody has to win these region games and they have some easy non-region games.

But I know from looking at the rosters that most of this region lost alot from last year. You really don't have anybody returning a bunch of starters like you did last year.

Wilson Central and Rossview both have manageable non-region schedules.

Hendersonville is gonna have a rough year unless they improve fast.

Station Camp could possibly go 0-10. They lost to what may end up being their best chance at a win on opening night. And have remaining non-region games against Gallatin, Beech and Stewarts Creek.

Lebanon has a handful of games that I would be comfortable picking them but the rest IDK yet.

Well I finally got a read from the MJ game and apparently alot of things went wrong. We fumbled inside the SC 5 and lost a chance to go up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter, we lost our starting center and D1 Wr in the first half.

From last season, MJ went from having a quick Athletic run first Qb (Alvin Mixon) to a now slower less athletic Junior. That makes the difference for me on offense, defensively speaking it’s not going to be like the past few seasons, 9 new starters means they will have to mature quickly or get Swiss cheesed by every opponent. We could seriously start out 0-3. Unless SC was that good which I doubt.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

17 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Well I finally got a read from the MJ game and apparently alot of things went wrong. We fumbled inside the SC 5 and lost a chance to go up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter, we lost our starting center and D1 Wr in the first half.

From last season, MJ went from having a quick Athletic run first Qb (Alvin Mixon) to a now slower less athletic Junior. That makes the difference for me on offense, defensively speaking it’s not going to be like the past few seasons, 9 new starters means they will have to mature quickly or get Swiss cheesed by every opponent. We could seriously start out 0-3. Unless SC was that good which I doubt.

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. All I can say is it feels good to be 1-0. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Yes, by all means pat yourself on the back for WC beating a struggling 4A team. They don't even play a team with a pulse till the middle of the season. 90% of the teams in 6A could go 6-4 with that schedule

It's simple. 1-0 > 0-1

Are you seriously downing our schedule while talking Trey Perry aka the king of cupcake scheduling? 

1 hour ago, WCndaHouse said:

It's simple. 1-0 > 0-1

Are you seriously downing our schedule while talking Trey Perry aka the king of cupcake scheduling? 

Yes I am because 1.) MJ has actually done something of relevance 2.) They upgraded their schedule in the off-season. At least MJ gives Perry the tools needed to compete, WC's claim to fame is they ran off the only HC capable of making them respectable

Even with their weak schedule, they did what they were supposed to and won alot of games. WC will struggle to do that, at best winning just enough games to get in the playoffs, only to be mercy ruled in the first round by Oakland, Blackman, or Riverdale