TCA hosts South Gibson.......Official Thread

ReitzFan

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Nothing happened that I didnt Know was coming. When you have one weapon and you try to live and die with him you will die against a well coached team. The first score we had was set up because we targeted a receiver that I have Been begging for them to target. Me had 3 good catches for yards which allowed our speedster to get loose. Bro don’t get me wrong. I will Call it like I see It even against my team. I will Shake the bush on my on Lions. 

Maybe we can do something against them next week. But SGC is looking awe fully tough. 

I love my TCA lions it hurts me when they lose like they did tonight. But, I give all credit to South Gibson. They are well-coached they are disciplined and they have multiple weapons and can hit you from all angles. They have an offensive line that is capable of opening holes a truck drive through. Nothing but respect for the South Gibson Hornets. From what I've seen both on film and live and in person tonight I can certainly consider them one of the top 10 teams in West Tennessee. I do appreciate coach Stidham for taking his foot off the gas pedal. He could have rung us up a lot harder than he did. I am simply fortunate that it appears that we got out of the game unscathed and relatively healthy with no injuries. People may not like what I say sometimes, but I do speak truth

First, Thanks to all of TCA family for being so gracious to us tonight. They set us up outside and gave us internet, and hospitality. Tip my hat to them. 

Second, the TCA field is unbelievable. It really is. It is the nicest playing surface I have ever seen. 

Third, with the game way out of hand and SG pulling all of its starters why in the world would TCA leave their starting bunch in against our 2's and 3's? I just do not get it. 

Coach Stidham has WAY more class than myself because if I were the coach after the first drive that TCA ran their 1's against my 2's I would have put my 1's back in and told them to pin their ears back and go get it. 

The Davis kid is really good. SPEED SPEED SPEED! Dang that kid can fly! All of his highlights were against our 2's but that does not take away how fast that kid is. I wish them nothing but success moving forward! 

In closing, If you have not seen TCA grass you should take a minute and walk down to the field to see it. It simply is the best I have EVER seen. I am not a fan of turf and I wish all of the fields we played on were this incredible. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

6 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I love my TCA lions it hurts me when they lose like they did tonight. But, I give all credit to South Gibson. They are well-coached they are disciplined and they have multiple weapons and can hit you from all angles. They have an offensive line that is capable of opening holes a truck drive through. Nothing but respect for the South Gibson Hornets. From what I've seen both on film and live and in person tonight I can certainly consider them one of the top 10 teams in West Tennessee. I do appreciate coach Stidham for taking his foot off the gas pedal. He could have rung us up a lot harder than he did. I am simply fortunate that it appears that we got out of the game unscathed and relatively healthy with no injuries. People may not like what I say sometimes, but I do speak truth

Tip my hat to you sir! 

Thanks for your kind words. Reitz with some class! 

Is your field manager by chance looking for a job?

The grass on that field is freaking unbelievable!!!

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

First, Thanks to all of TCA family for being so gracious to us tonight. They set us up outside and gave us internet, and hospitality. Tip my hat to them. 

Second, the TCA field is unbelievable. It really is. It is the nicest playing surface I have ever seen. 

Third, with the game way out of hand and SG pulling all of its starters why in the world would TCA leave their starting bunch in against our 2's and 3's? I just do not get it. 

Coach Stidham has WAY more class than myself because if I were the coach after the first drive that TCA ran their 1's against my 2's I would have put my 1's back in and told them to pin their ears back and go get it. 

The Davis kid is really good. SPEED SPEED SPEED! Dang that kid can fly! All of his highlights were against our 2's but that does not take away how fast that kid is. I wish nothing but success moving forward! 

In closing, If you have not seen TCA grass you should take a minute and walk down to the field to see it. It simply is the best I have EVER seen. I am not a fan of turf and wish all the fields we played on were this incredible. 

The only thing about our 1st in against your 2nd is this. It was not to try to win the game. This team is young so it is a chance for the starting offense to try some things and get experience going into region play. You have been around long enough you should know that. Plus did you see how many kids were on our sideline. So you tell me where our second team was at much less a third team. So good win and good luck the rest of the year. And Reitz already told you Butler keeps the field up. So call butler to cut your grass 

1 minute ago, BigEdMo said:

The only thing about our 1st in against your 2nd is this. It was not to try to win the game. This team is young so it is a chance for the starting offense to try some things and get experience going into region play. You have been around long enough you should know that. Plus did you see how many kids were on our sideline. So you tell me where our second team was at much less a third team. So good win and good luck the rest of the year. And Reitz already told you Butler keeps the field up. So call butler to cut your grass 

I understand that, but what I do not understand is having the 1's playing multiple series against our 2's and 3's. I completely get a few series but Butler had no intentions of removing the starters. Davis moved to QB and padded his stats! I guess if I were in his shoes I may make the same call. I wish the Lions nothing but success moving forward. I really wish you guys luck next week! I am NOT a fan of folks yall play next week. TCA has always been very kind and gracious to us.... that team yall play next week... well nevermind. I WILL be pulling for lions!!!!

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

I understand that, but what I do not understand is having the 1's playing multiple series against our 2's and 3's. I completely get a few series but Butler had no intentions of removing the starters. Davis moved to QB and padded his stats! I guess if I were in his shoes I may make the same call. I wish the Lions nothing but success moving forward. I really wish you guys luck next week! I am NOT a fan of folks yall play next week. TCA has always been very kind and gracious to us.... that team yall play next week... well nevermind. I WILL be pulling for lions!!!!

Well there again you do not know what happened. Our QB threw his helmet so he was benched. It’s easy to make observations but it is better to know the facts. So it was not to pad stats. Also again how many kids do we have to make a second team. Just be happy with your win and stop trying point out things on our team. Be gracious in victory. 

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Well there again you do not know what happened. Our QB threw his helmet so he was benched. It’s easy to make observations but it is better to know the facts. So it was not to pad stats. Also again how many kids do we have to make a second team. Just be happy with your win and stop trying point out things on our team. Be gracious in victory. 

I am very gracious. 

I have been nothing but complimentary. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I am only stating the facts that I saw in person. Please do not get your feelings hurt. I have a TON of respect for what TCA is doing. 

First and foremost, they are willing to schedule a team that will have 2 times as many players show up to play football! 

Second, TCA knew when they scheduled this game they were probably going to be underdogs.

They collected one of the biggest gates of the year and really showed off their facilities! 

Ed, I wish you guys success!!!!! I really want yall to win next week. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

I am very gracious. 

I have been nothing but complimentary. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I am only stating the facts that I saw in person. Please do not get your feelings hurt. I have a TON of respect for what TCA is doing. 

First and foremost, they are willing to schedule a team that will have 2 times as many players show up to play football! 

Second, TCA knew when they scheduled this game they were probably going to be underdogs.

They collected one of the biggest gates of the year and really showed off their facilities! 

Ed, I wish you guys success!!!!! I really want yall to win next week. 

I understand All of that and I agree With that. Not when you question when we have our 1st in. You could see the sideline so tell me where the second team was. You made a statement that you would have brought your first back in because we left our first in. Give me a break we don’t have a second team.  Then you stated that they moved Davis to QB to pad stats. Wrong he is the back up QB. So when the 1st Qb is benched then who were we to bring in. You made comment to put tca down for something that you have no clue on.