Cornersville vs Eagleville

EHSEagles

I really think this could be a good game. Both teams are younger and reloading from last year. Eagles looked pretty solid overall at Huntland and from the stands it didn’t appear they made a ton of mistakes. It was a “grind it out” win, so it’s encouraging that they were able to keep their composure and get the win. Will be interesting to see how Cornersville will react after the loss to Community. Will it light a fire or set a tone of gloom and doom? 

I am really hoping that since last week was most of the starters from Cornersville's first start (and full game) that they will knock off the rust of them not playing on a weekly basis and it will give them that sense of what a full game is all about.  They have the talent to continue to do good things.  I just hope that they realize that they have this potential and it lights a fire underneath them so they can go out and be competitive on that weekly basis.  It will kind of continue what was started a few years ago when Randolph took over the Bulldog program. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

I really think this could be a good game. Both teams are younger and reloading from last year. Eagles looked pretty solid overall at Huntland and from the stands it didn’t appear they made a ton of mistakes. It was a “grind it out” win, so it’s encouraging that they were able to keep their composure and get the win. Will be interesting to see how Cornersville will react after the loss to Community. Will it light a fire or set a tone of gloom and doom? 

I agree that this will be a good game. Personally, I think it lit a fire in them and they are ready to make this season their own. It will be interesting to say the least. 

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m picking Eagleville by 10. Cornersville is in the same boat as Waverly.

I would disagree. Not completely in the same boat as Waverly. We still have our coach and staff intact with only minor changes. These Dawgs are still talented, just as Waverly is...both teams just need to find their identity, and I know nothing of Waverly other that what is posted in the T.

2 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

I would disagree. Not completely in the same boat as Waverly. We still have our coach and staff intact with only minor changes. These Dawgs are still talented, just as Waverly is...both teams just need to find their identity, and I know nothing of Waverly other that what is posted in the T.

The drop in talent hurts the small schools so in my opinion cornersville and waverly are kinda in the same boat. You have the right to disagree. I’m not challenging that but are you saying y’all have the same skill level as you did last year? If so then I apologize and you guys have more trouble than just being down some players. If you don’t have the talent level you did last yr then you can take the best coach in the world and not win a game. I think you could look at it kinda like the Memphis teams. All the talent in the world but some of the teams lack discipline, leadership, role models, stability and they hardly win a game. Then you take a team like let’s say Union city, or Lewis county I could name more. Those teams don’t have all the talent and athleticism but can compete day in and day out!  So I’m kinda confused with your response.

7 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

The drop in talent hurts the small schools so in my opinion cornersville and waverly are kinda in the same boat. You have the right to disagree. I’m not challenging that but are you saying y’all have the same skill level as you did last year? If so then I apologize and you guys have more trouble than just being down some players. If you don’t have the talent level you did last yr then you can take the best coach in the world and not win a game. I think you could look at it kinda like the Memphis teams. All the talent in the world but some of the teams lack discipline, leadership, role models, stability and they hardly win a game. Then you take a team like let’s say Union city, or Lewis county I could name more. Those teams don’t have all the talent and athleticism but can compete day in and day out!  So I’m kinda confused with your response.

I think what he is saying is yes Cornersville did lose a lot of talent last year but there is plenty of talent that has taken over for those guys.  I will agree that it is hard for a small school to replace 3, 4, or even 5 players that made the all-state team but I believe, my honest opinion, that this team can compete and be competitive each and every week.  I feel that since most of these guys did not play a full game last year that they aren't used to being around that long playing.  They got that full game in last week and have a sense of what goes on for 4 full quarters.  The coach will get these guys ready.  Randolph knows what he is doing so he will right the ship and have these kids playing to the best of their abilities.