Mckenzie Vs. West Carroll

RebelFan2018

16 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Bingo. That was my point. Every year they beat a team that they should not. 

Just like 2017 they beat Peabody in a nail biter and got close to beating union city that year too, and  2018 they beat Union city. But I can say the Mckenzies team just doesn’t have the fight that the teams in years past had. You look at 2007-2010  they had trips to a state championship in 07 and the rest they took it to the semifinals and always came up short by 2 or 3 points every year. Its not Comer it’s the effort the players are putting out. I remember in 2014-2015 they turned it around there and made it to the quarterfinals those 2 years.  But we haven’t made it to a playoff game since 2016 and that year we only made it to the 1st round. And I’m not talking bad about the boys I’m just saying the effort isn’t being put out like I’ve witnessed before. I’ve seen the Rebels come back from a 3 touchdown set back in the 3rd qr.

Edited by RebelFan2018

25 minutes ago, RebelFan2018 said:

Just like 2017 they beat Peabody in a nail biter and got close to beating union city that year too, and  2018 they beat Union city. But I can say the Mckenzies team just doesn’t have the fight that the teams in years past had. You look at 2007-2010  they had trips to a state championship in 07 and the rest they took it to the semifinals and always came up short by 2 or 3 points every year. Its not Comer it’s the effort the players are putting out. I remember in 2014-2015 they turned it around there and made it to the quarterfinals those 2 years.  But we haven’t made it to a playoff game since 2016 and that year we only made it to the 1st round. And I’m not talking bad about the boys I’m just saying the effort isn’t being put out like I’ve witnessed before. I’ve seen the Rebels come back from a 3 touchdown set back in the 3rd qr.

Mckenzie didnt have an easy out that playoff game in 2016. That was the best Waverly team I have seen in my time.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Mckenzie didnt have an easy out that playoff game in 2016. That was the best Waverly team I have seen in my time.

Yea your right. Mckenzie was also on a good track to a good season that year but they had about 5 or 6 starters out that year from injuries. It’s been that way every year here lately it seems. 3 or 4 of our key starters get hurt and don’t play the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, footballover said:

Some of the best athletes walking the halls of MHS don't play football for whatever reason. Would love to see what Lucas King Nate Whitzel and some of those basketball boys do on the football field. Hate it for Micah but he will be back. Wish the other basketball player would have acted right he would have helped 

A lot of the senior class had players quit too or get kicked off. Braxton Hobson would have been a big part of the o-line and Nick Baker also. The line this year has a lot of size most of them are young guys which is alright but I think last week was a wake up call for most of them this isn’t middle school football anymore. I think you’ll see a big difference tomorrow night. 

Weatherford is our RB. He's about 5'6-7" and built like Maurice Jones Drew. Good powerful RB and is a.load to bring down. Our QB is Bryant and I was more than pleased with his performance vs Bruceton. This game comes down to our defensive line. They're young but the talent is there. If they play well, we win. I think coach Cantrell will have them ready. 

Edited by WarEagleCartman

16 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

If West Carroll were to win against Mckenzie it will be the first time that they will have ever beaten the rebels two games in a row. With the injuries to a couple of Mckenzie players, I will go with West Carroll in this game.

Very true it would hypothetically be our first winning streak vs McKenzie

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Weatherford is our RB. He's about 5'6-7" and built like Maurice Jones Drew. Good powerful RB and is a.load to bring down. Our QB is Bryant and I was more than pleased with his performance vs Bruceton. This game comes down to our defensive line. They're young but the talent is there. If they play well, we win. I think coach Cantrell will have them ready. 

I’ve been very impressed with WC football program how they’ve turned it around these past few years getting wins on teams that they usually never beat in the past. And it’s really surprising a lot of people. 

1 hour ago, RebelFan2018 said:

I’ve been very impressed with WC football program how they’ve turned it around these past few years getting wins on teams that they usually never beat in the past. And it’s really surprising a lot of people. 

We're finally at a point where people who actually went to the school are in positions of power and I love it. I've been very impressed with the development of the kids year to year under Wolfe. He seems to get every bit out of his players. The rest is just up to guys like me to further develop our youth leagues

It’s game day once again. Hoping for a big crowd tonight and a Rebel victory. Weather is great and Mckenzie seemed to have a good week of practice. There walk through yesterday they looked a lot cleaner. Praying for both teams to be injury free and a good clean ball game. Go Rebels!!

Edited by RebelFan2018

On 8/28/2019 at 11:17 AM, volsandtitans1 said:

Since you started another post about the same topic, I will have the one I started deleted.  No need for two strings on the same game.  

Last year, the War Eagles got the Rebels. Early in the season, this may be a good one.  Rebels will be without their running back after getting dinged up last week vs Huntingdon.  Will have to rely on the arm of Evan Jarrett along with some young freshman to clip the wings of the War Eagles.  

If the defense that showed up in the first quarter last week vs Huntingdon plays 4 quarters this week, McKenzie wins. 

What would you suggest for a good bite to eat before the game.