Mckenzie Vs. West Carroll

RebelFan2018

5 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

Since you started another post about the same topic, I will have the one I started deleted.  No need for two strings on the same game.  

Last year, the War Eagles got the Rebels. Early in the season, this may be a good one.  Rebels will be without their running back after getting dinged up last week vs Huntingdon.  Will have to rely on the arm of Evan Jarrett along with some young freshman to clip the wings of the War Eagles.  

If the defense that showed up in the first quarter last week vs Huntingdon plays 4 quarters this week, McKenzie wins. 

One of Mckenzie’s middle linebacker Jordan Barnhart is hurt with an ankle/knee injury. I seen earlier on his Facebook that he will be sitting out this week also. 

If that defense that played Huntingdon in the 1st quarter shows up and plays four quarters this Friday, Rebels win.  Lets remember this as well. All I have seen on here is one back being talked about for WC.  Huntingdon has four legit running backs and we contained them all in the first quarter against probably one of the best offensive lines in West Tn.  Eventually, chasing all four around the field finally wore us down. 

And, well....ummm.....If WC coach is worth 7 points on paper, Comer is worth 14 easy. 

And honestly, I don't think West Carroll has anyone that can catch Marquez Taylor, the freshman, if he gets on the edge or gets to the second level. 

Hope for a good one and the Rebels get the victory.  

45 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea I have to go with the Rebels in this one. It’s like a couple of y’all say they always beat someone they are not suppose too. But do y’all really think they ain’t suppose to win against WC? 

SERIOUS QUESTION!

I think they should beat West Carroll most years including this one but WC did beat them last year.

50 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea I have to go with the Rebels in this one. It’s like a couple of y’all say they always beat someone they are not suppose too. But do y’all really think they ain’t suppose to win against WC? 

SERIOUS QUESTION!

In normal cases Mckenzie would win. But the rebels have been down the last few years and WC has had an upswing. I think It is more that Mckenzie kids are deflated over their past few years from no success. Comer can coach and it shows up one game a year. WC is not the game. He is good for a big game and usually a region game.  Last year they wanted to put it on us since it was the last time to face us. He hates privates. The only problem was last year the seniors were more public school mentality and fought back and won. Mckenzie kids lately do not want to fight through adversity. If he can change that mental part they will be relevant again.  Heck we have a guy that played at Mckenzie and was mr football there as a coach at tca. There is good talent there just no fight lately. 

2 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

In normal cases Mckenzie would win. But the rebels have been down the last few years and WC has had an upswing. I think It is more that Mckenzie kids are deflated over their past few years from no success. Comer can coach and it shows up one game a year. WC is not the game. He is good for a big game and usually a region game.  Last year they wanted to put it on us since it was the last time to face us. He hates privates. The only problem was last year the seniors were more public school mentality and fought back and won. Mckenzie kids lately do not want to fight through adversity. If he can change that mental part they will be relevant again.  Heck we have a guy that played at Mckenzie and was mr football there as a coach at tca. There is good talent there just no fight lately. 

Well said bud!

9 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

First I am Not a y’all. Not a rebel fan. But Comer has been at Mckenzie for 18 years. So what you are saying is of no relevance in this decade. He has been at Mckenzie longer than Coach T has been around. Comer has played in a state title game before. That is worth points in my book. 

A riverside graduate mind you. Just saying

Always enjoy hearing about any team named Rebels playing (which was my HS mascot @ Overton in Memphis. Been changed to wolverines though.) So sentiment means I pulling for Rebels, but wouldn't surprise me if WC wins. Looking forward to seeing our Dresden Lions play McKenzie again... the stands should be filled & rocking! Good luck to both teams with no more injuries! Hope this week will have filled-up stands too with loud & proud fans. It's always more fun that way!