South Greene vs. West Greene

RebRebReb

3 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I've got South Greene to win in this one by 14+ points. Something like 31-17 or 35-14. West Greene has won their 1st 2 games but not by much especially against Claiborne (6 points in OT). Northview Academy isn't very good & they only beat them by 14 points.

The Rebels I feel like are the favorites now to win their conference. Hampton was picked to win by the media during the preseason. Sullivan North which is my alma mater is also 3-0 like South Greene & they meet next week @ North. Could end up being a game for the conference championship.

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Even though I'm biased I think HV and SG in week 10 will be for the conference. Haven't seen North yet on film but they are always tough. One thing we can agree on is Go Braves and #Chopon

At this early point in the season, each conference game will be for the conference championship.  Having just one bad game against anyone in region 1 2A could easily be detrimental in the standings.  We are that close right now. I’d love to be able to say one of us is the favorite, but it looks like it may boil down to who improves the fastest and continues to grow.  We are all beatable but all very capable of upsetting the others as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RebRebReb said:

At this early point in the season, each conference game will be for the conference championship.  Having just one bad game against anyone in region 1 2A could easily be detrimental in the standings.  We are that close right now. I’d love to be able to say one of us is the favorite, but it looks like it may boil down to who improves the fastest and continues to grow.  We are all beatable but all very capable of upsetting the others as well. 

Hampton beats SG; SG beats HV; may come down to wins/losses vs SN...Heck, SN could smoke us all...Could be more interesting than some think...Then the chance of meeting up again in play offs when it matters! Lots can happen 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RebRebReb said:

Call me crazy but I think Hampton has a chance of running the table, won't be easy and they have to get rid of the bugga boos,but they have the players. If I were to give anyone the edge,it would have to be SG.  Right now HV leads the pack and its theirs to lose. This will be very interesting before its over. Its a marathon. 1  and 2 will have a decent chance in the playoffs, it'll be tougher for the 3 and 4. At this point its a crap shoot. Does make for a fun and exciting year. Hope all stay healthy so the true champ will have earned it.

Just now, pujo said:

Call me crazy but I think Hampton has a chance of running the table, won't be easy and they have to get rid of the bugga boos,but they have the players. If I were to give anyone the edge,it would have to be SG.  Right now HV leads the pack and its theirs to lose. This will be very interesting before its over. Its a marathon. 1  and 2 will have a decent chance in the playoffs, it'll be tougher for the 3 and 4. At this point its a crap shoot. Does make for a fun and exciting year. Hope all stay healthy so the true champ will have earned it.

We must've been posting at the same time...Lol

8 hours ago, pujo said:

Yeah and thinking just alike. I like our chances as good as anyones. Just hope last weeks game don't kill us in the end. That would be a shame.

Yea, but I think a lot was learned last week by all involved....Changes should line us up for a good run...Then again, it's up to those 11 on the field

On 9/9/2019 at 10:14 PM, uknoit2 said:

Agreed.....But we were not playing ball and lack of discipline made us look below average. It's being addressed cause you Can't bounce back when some won't bounce LOL

I expect us to be ready Friday. 

region 1  2a  is strong  just think Hampton might be the 4th seed  happy valley 3  Sullivan north 2  and south green #1    that's kind of what it looks like so far but really 1-3 have a shot @ being #1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RLS26 said:

region 1  2a  is strong  just think Hampton might be the 4th seed  happy valley 3  Sullivan north 2  and south green #1    that's kind of what it looks like so far but really 1-3 have a shot @ being #1

Possible any of the four end up #1...Lots of games to win or lose. And injuries change things real quick...I wouldn't wish such on any team, just a fact that it happens. We've experienced it more than once.

I haven't seen anything on SN....Like I said in another post, they may smoke us all.

47 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Possible any of the four end up #1...Lots of games to win or lose. And injuries change things real quick...I wouldn't wish such on any team, just a fact that it happens. We've experienced it more than once.

I haven't seen anything on SN....Like I said in another post, they may smoke us all.

All true!

4 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Long way to the finish line and this won't be settled until week 10. SG plays Hampton back to back week 9 and 10.  This is gonna be fun. I'm not so sure they are all strong or just above average. Just above average is my thoughts. Don't think we have anyone who will be playing after Turkey day. 

WG coach  Joe Case has told many including Greeneville radio personality Brian Staten that  WG will beat SG.  That’s a mighty big statement. According to case, WG is just as physical, has more speed, has better skill players, and has a superior kicking game.  2-0 vs 3-0. We better come to play Rebels!!!  Assume nothing. This is for THE CAN.  

3 hours ago, RebRebReb said:

WG coach  Joe Case has told many including Greeneville radio personality Brian Staten that  WG will beat SG.  That’s a mighty big statement. According to case, WG is just as physical, has more speed, has better skill players, and has a superior kicking game.  2-0 vs 3-0. We better come to play Rebels!!!  Assume nothing. This is for THE CAN.  

I hope SG wears it out!