Meigs County vs McMinn Central

TigerNation

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

The Middle School game Thursday is at Meigs at 6:30.

For those coming to the game Friday night, the Meigs County FFA is having their annual Homecoming pig roast prior to the game. Great BBQ with the fixins. Not 100% sure, but it will probably on the softball field under the tent.

From experience, that's some good eating.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think it helps to take kids to the older kids games sometimes. Really show them what Friday nights are about when they get to high school.

Successful programs cause the younger ones to have pride, looking forward to playing in high school. This is one area where Meigs County does it as well as anyone.

I went to a game last year at McMinn Central. They had about 30 players on the team, and the stands just had a few hundred people there.  Sad.

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Successful programs cause the younger ones to have pride, looking forward to playing in high school. This is one area where Meigs County does it as well as anyone.

I went to a game last year at McMinn Central. They had about 30 players on the team, and the stands just had a few hundred people there.  Sad.

I feel bad for teams that dont have community support. It would seem some schools the parents dont even show up to watch their kids play. I've missed my fair share because of work in my day as well I'm not judging. Fortunately my schedule is better and I can go when i want most of the time now. Just so happens my boys have both graduated ><

22 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

FYI: looks like you will be at the middle school game tomorrow night but if you can Navy is playing Memphis, 8pm(et) on ESPN. I bet Aaron will be watching.

I dont have cable TV at my home we got Netflix and Hulu. I may watch about 4 hours of TV a month. I will definitely try and catch a game of theirs though. Thanks for the info.