Meigs County vs McMinn Central

TigerNation

9 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Man, that was a tough one Friday.  So many athletes on the field for Red Bank along with a QB that could flat sling it.  Hoping the Chargers play hard and give effort.  Really that is all you can ask for.

What is the record of the Central middle school?  If they are playing for the championship, it seems thing may be looking up.

Not the championship yet. This game will be for 1st place seed heading into the 4-team playoff in 2 weeks. I believe if everything shapes out like I think, the 4 teams in the playoff will be:

Meigs County

McMinn Central

Sweetwater

Sequoyah

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Meigs I believe.

Thank you very much, would love to watch, kinda wishing it was at Central.  

I have said this for years, and I hope the middle school program helps with this, that Central needs more of there athletes playing football.  It is amazing to me of how many good looking athletes just don't play when they get to high school.  My son graduated with 5 seniors finishing football, with about 11 more that played with him in little league.  I just don't know how to fix it.  My oldest son graduated from the 2014 team that seen success, with the difference being most of his buddies stayed the course.

1 minute ago, MarsBlackmon said:

Not the championship yet. This game will be for 1st place seed heading into the 4-team playoff in 2 weeks. I believe if everything shapes out like I think, the 4 teams in the playoff will be:

Meigs County

McMinn Central

Sweetwater

Sequoyah

Can someone post scores from this season?  I just can't find this information.

2 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

I have said this for years, and I hope the middle school program helps with this, that Central needs more of there athletes playing football.  It is amazing to me of how many good looking athletes just don't play when they get to high school.  My son graduated with 5 seniors finishing football, with about 11 more that played with him in little league.  I just don't know how to fix it.  My oldest son graduated from the 2014 team that seen success, with the difference being most of his buddies stayed the course.

We are past that point here I believe. People that can play and have played are now playing. But just so ya k omw I'm glad it's at Meigs:mrgreen:

3 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

Can someone post scores from this season?  I just can't find this information.

Central is 5-1 losing to Rhea Middle last week. Meigs is 5-0 with a big win over Dayton City being the biggest feather in their cap. A lot of Meigs and McMinn Central scores are close with the exception being MMS beat Sweetwater something like 32-0 and Central beat them 12-6. The other league games have all been mercy rule wins for both teams, I believe.

8 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

That was a really good football team.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Central has a lot of kids playing now, so that issue is fixed. Having a successful high school program breeds down the line to Little league and Middle School, with more young men wanting to play so they can be a future player in good high school program. 
Great coaching helps a lot, but you have to have the athletes.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs I believe.

The Middle School game Thursday is at Meigs at 6:30.

For those coming to the game Friday night, the Meigs County FFA is having their annual Homecoming pig roast prior to the game. Great BBQ with the fixins. Not 100% sure, but it will probably on the softball field under the tent.

edit: Just confirmed the BBQ feed on Friday night is under the tent, starting at 4:30.

Edited by blitzinbuc

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Central has a lot of kids playing now, so that issue is fixed. Having a successful high school program breeds down the line to Little league and Middle School, with more young men wanting to play so they can be a future player in good high school program. 
Great coaching helps a lot, but you have to have the athletes.

I think it helps to take kids to the older kids games sometimes. Really show them what Friday nights are about when they get to high school.