White House @ Watertown

H2Oman

6 minutes ago, copacanobra said:

Well I feel that we are much better than dekalb county, but we’ll see.  

Nolensville’s only real good win is y’all I guess, not saying they’re not great, but I feel like that’s yet to be determined.  

Wilson Central is a 6A team who’s only loss is to Mt Juliet so idk that that’s really a bad loss for Springfield. 

Im not trying to talk down and say that a 2A team can’t beat a 4A team, but just seems like some in this thread could put a little more respect on our name.  I don’t expect us to run in there and dominate y’all either though I expect a good game.  

You’re right about Springfield... it’s not that they lost, but how they lost (37-7).

As for disrespecting... I don’t think that will happen, especially from anyone who is old enough to vote!!  

You guys definitely have a great heritage when it comes to football.. more so than us!

I expect a tight game as well!

1 hour ago, copacanobra said:

A couple scores?? We may not be what we were in the 90s, but I don’t think we’re at the point to be saying a 2A school is just gonna come in and beat us with ease.  I know they’ve been pretty good recently, but 4A ball a little different and it looks like nolensville already showed them that.  I’m not saying we’re as good as nolensville cause idk anything about them, but I expect it to be a good game Friday.  

2A team? Wonder why White House wouldn’t schedule Trousdale(sorry H2Oman for mentioning us)  cause I don’t think they want any of this 2A ball, I call it like I see it, Watertown, which likely will be a 4A school in a couple years, has the talent to beat White House by a couple scores if they come to play. I didn’t mean any disrespect to WH, and a couple scores isn’t much 28-14, 35-21 something like that.

Edited by TCRadio

8 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

2A team? Wonder why White House wouldn’t schedule Trousdale(sorry H2Oman for mentioning us)  cause I don’t think they want any of this 2A ball, I call it like I see it, Watertown, which likely will be a 4A school in a couple years, has the talent to beat White House by a couple scores if they come to play. I didn’t mean any disrespect to WH, and a couple scores isn’t much 28-14, 35-21 something like that.

No worries... We’ve already had some of that TC 2A ball and came out with a victory 2 years in a row!!! Lol

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Well I’m not gonna defend our scheduling the last few years cause I don’t really agree with it.  We’ll see what happens Friday night

1 hour ago, Grizzly478 said:

what other playmakers do you have? Not very much talk about white house in our area. Give us a synopsis 

#13 is the best receiver, but 1, 16, and 24 are all solid players.  All good on defense too.  QB is not mobile, but he has a good arm if he’s got time to throw, our pass blocking has been suspect at times imo.  I was pretty happy with how physical we were last week upfront on the O-line run blocking though.  Saw a lot of kids finishing blocks down field.  #72 is huge and plays nose, he’s definitely been getting better.  #10 plays outside linebacker/stand up DE has looked really good to me so far this year.  #44 is best inside backer, very physical.  Those are the kids that have been standing out to me.  I’m sure there’s some solid players I’d notice if I watched some film, but that’s just what I can recall from the stands.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, copacanobra said:

#13 is the best receiver, but 1, 16, and 24 are all solid players.  All good on defense too.  QB is not mobile, but he has a good arm if he’s got time to throw, our pass blocking has been suspect at times imo.  I was pretty happy with how physical we were last week upfront on the O-line run blocking though.  Saw a lot of kids finishing blocks down field.  #72 is huge and plays nose, he’s definitely been getting better.  #10 plays outside linebacker/stand up DE has looked really good to me so far this year.  #44 is best inside backer, very physical.  Those are the kids that have been standing out to me.  I’m sure there’s some solid players I’d notice if I watched some film, but that’s just what I can recall from the stands.  

yes they look like they fly to the football and play with a lot of pride and energy.. should be a good game 

13 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Good summary, Watertown has a small but fast and stingy defense. They are very well coached. The offense has shown signs of explosiveness and is getting better every week. The QB is a sophomore who is very athletic and likes to run it. When he has time and gets his feet set he can deliver a good ball. Our best offensive threat  (#4) has been relatively quiet this year (compared to last year), but can explode for a big game at any time. This team is still trying to figure out how good they can be!!

1 hour ago, Grizzly478 said:

Good summary, Watertown has a small but fast and stingy defense. They are very well coached. The offense has shown signs of explosiveness and is getting better every week. The QB is a sophomore who is very athletic and likes to run it. When he has time and gets his feet set he can deliver a good ball. Our best offensive threat  (#4) has been relatively quiet this year (compared to last year), but can explode for a big game at any time. This team is still trying to figure out how good they can be!!

Yeah I feel like White House is the same way.  I don’t feel like we’ve really put it all together yet.  Still making some silly mistakes like turnovers.  That really killed us in the second half last week