Dobyns Bennett Indians vs. Jefferson County Patriots 2019

DBGRAD70

4 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Yes capable of beating them but waco db never stood a chance, they were doomed from the start, the game was decided before db ever stepped foot on the bus to travel.

Too much water under the bridge.  I do remember that there were several seeming bogus penalties against DB at very bad times.  But I had a poor seat ant thought I was just wrong. 

About Waco, you have the wrong guy.

This years Jeff Co team isn't very good and has a lot of quit in them. Their offense is very limited (best play is call 4 verts and let the QB run). The defense is tough against the run but couldn't cover the DB cheerleaders. The kickoff cover unit has allowed one or more big returns a game. On top of that, they are completely undisciplined (5 personal fouls vs AC alone). This game will not be close.

53 minutes ago, Red81KPsmash said:

This years Jeff Co team isn't very good and has a lot of quit in them. Their offense is very limited (best play is call 4 verts and let the QB run). The defense is tough against the run but couldn't cover the DB cheerleaders. The kickoff cover unit has allowed one or more big returns a game. On top of that, they are completely undisciplined (5 personal fouls vs AC alone). This game will not be close.

You guys sound very much like Boone this year, especially our kickoff non-coverage.    Every time we play a team with a real speed burner we always kick the ball to him.    And I don't mean he has to dance around and try to get under the ball, his feet stay planted and the ball goes right into his hands.....     And then about 15 seconds later he is in the end zone.    It is uncanny how accurately we can kick to the wrong guy.   DB could have scored 60 on us, thankfully they are not a team that likes to keep the 1's in and run up the score.    I think you will at least score on them, something we couldn't do.    I don't think we even got past the 50 yard line until late in the game when DB got a couple of defensive penalties.

DB's defensive ends are some of the best I have seen in a long time.   On run plays they stay put and play contain, on sweeps they are just way to fast to get past, on pass plays they are in the backfield about the same time as the ball gets to the QB.    The best way to take them out of their game is to not snap the ball until 3 on the play clock, QB is under center and then handoffs are QUICK...   maybe counter plays or something like that, but you cannot dilly-dally around in the backfield because their line is just way too quick for you.    Boone knew this because we scouted them the week before when they played Hardin Valley, but of course we still ran our regular offense and you saw the result.

On defense you absolutely cannot let their WR's get behind your safetys.   You would think this is the most basic and granular thing defensive backs would learn, but if you mess up in pass defense DB will burn you.   Their passing game is not really that great but they have a way of getting behind the defense and then it is long passes over the top....... So actually I guess their passing game is pretty good!

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You guys sound very much like Boone this year, especially our kickoff non-coverage.    Every time we play a team with a real speed burner we always kick the ball to him.    And I don't mean he has to dance around and try to get under the ball, his feet stay planted and the ball goes right into his hands.....     And then about 15 seconds later he is in the end zone.    It is uncanny how accurately we can kick to the wrong guy.   DB could have scored 60 on us, thankfully they are not a team that likes to keep the 1's in and run up the score.    I think you will at least score on them, something we couldn't do.    I don't think we even got past the 50 yard line until late in the game when DB got a couple of defensive penalties.

DB's defensive ends are some of the best I have seen in a long time.   On run plays they stay put and play contain, on sweeps they are just way to fast to get past, on pass plays they are in the backfield about the same time as the ball gets to the QB.    The best way to take them out of their game is to not snap the ball until 3 on the play clock, QB is under center and then handoffs are QUICK...   maybe counter plays or something like that, but you cannot dilly-dally around in the backfield because their line is just way too quick for you.    Boone knew this because we scouted them the week before when they played Hardin Valley, but of course we still ran our regular offense and you saw the result.

On defense you absolutely cannot let their WR's get behind your safetys.   You would think this is the most basic and granular thing defensive backs would learn, but if you mess up in pass defense DB will burn you.   Their passing game is not really that great but they have a way of getting behind the defense and then it is long passes over the top....... So actually I guess their passing game is pretty good!

Biggest lesson for Boone and DB  is you can't turn the ball over or make mistakes. If Boone plays against most teams on their schedule the way they did DB  without the negitive stuff,you win a bunch of games.If DB plays the same against Farragut.Alcoa or a playoff game against Maryville ??? Simply have to play your best with a great game plan and just pray a team like Maryville comes out and doesn't have their best game that night.

45 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Biggest lesson for Boone and DB  is you can't turn the ball over or make mistakes. If Boone plays against most teams on their schedule the way they did DB  without the negitive stuff,you win a bunch of games.If DB plays the same against Farragut.Alcoa or a playoff game against Maryville ??? Simply have to play your best with a great game plan and just pray a team like Maryville comes out and doesn't have their best game that night.

Batman - I really hope we can get it together these last 5 games, but I am not sure we will score another point the rest of the season unless the opponent makes some type of colossal mistake inside their own 10.    Unfortunately what happens is the kids just start giving up before the game even begins.  This is somewhat anecdotal, but I have heard that some of the Boone guys have already thrown in the towel for this season..... hopefully that is not the case, I guess we'll see in a few days.    Meanwhile, I don't think DB can lose even if they have a bad game, until Alcoa.    Well..... maybe you have to bring your best game to Science Hill, I still cannot determine if they are a good team or not.    But other than those two, DB will have slam dunks coming up.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Batman - I really hope we can get it together these last 5 games, but I am not sure we will score another point the rest of the season unless the opponent makes some type of colossal mistake inside their own 10.    Unfortunately what happens is the kids just start giving up before the game even begins.  This is somewhat anecdotal, but I have heard that some of the Boone guys have already thrown in the towel for this season..... hopefully that is not the case, I guess we'll see in a few days.    Meanwhile, I don't think DB can lose even if they have a bad game, until Alcoa.    Well..... maybe you have to bring your best game to Science Hill, I still cannot determine if they are a good team or not.    But other than those two, DB will have slam dunks coming up.

I didn't see  the Farragut vs Maryville game but did see the score.If you lose to an average Maryville 9th grade team by 11,you have probably got a better team then a lot of schools. So,I don't know what happened in that game but I know DB had better not show up against Farragut and expect a cake walk. That game is home and should be a great one.First things First however.Beat this team Friday night.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

According to the latest 6A polls, DB is #6.     Besides Alcoa, none of the remaining opponents are even ranked.   DB easily rolls to 9-0 to meet 8-1 Alcoa.   Should be interesting....

That is how it should go. But you just never know. DB almost never makes a win over SH an easy thing.

That being said, these rankings are equivalent to measuring in degrees the direction the wind is blowing with a  wet finger. Just not nearly correct. I think we should get Waco to publish rankings for 6A.