Dobyns Bennett Indians vs. Jefferson County Patriots 2019

DBGRAD70

24 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

That is how it should go. But you just never know. DB almost never makes a win over SH an easy thing.

That being said, these rankings are equivalent to measuring in degrees the direction the wind is blowing with a  wet finger. Just not nearly correct. I think we should get Waco to publish rankings for 6A.

Are you thinking the Tribe is overrated just because they are 5-0?   You know, that might be a valid point.   They appeared to me to be solid at every position, but the teams they have beaten so far are a combined 9-18 and only one is above .500, so really no signature wins yet unless you count Tennessee High.     But the teams coming up next on the schedule do not look very good either, JeffCo (3-3), Farragut (2-3), MoWest (1-4), Science Hill (2-3).  So I still cannot see DB even being threatened until the Alcoa game.    They will win each of these next 4 games by double-digits.    You have to wonder if Maryville is getting a little uncomfortable.....

7 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Are you thinking the Tribe is overrated just because they are 5-0?   You know, that might be a valid point.   They appeared to me to be solid at every position, but the teams they have beaten so far are a combined 9-18 and only one is above .500, so really no signature wins yet unless you count Tennessee High.     But the teams coming up next on the schedule do not look very good either, JeffCo (3-3), Farragut (2-3), MoWest (1-4), Science Hill (2-3).  So I still cannot see DB even being threatened until the Alcoa game.    They will win each of these next 4 games by double-digits.    You have to wonder if Maryville is getting a little uncomfortable.....

As I was reading your post I was wondering how you could just gloss over Farragut and Science Hill. Then I got to that last sentence, and I laughed. Reminds me of that playoff game between DB and Maryville with the DB kid running on the field taunting Maryville's sideline. You just don't poke the bear. Hey we really don't know how good DB is at this point. They have played very well with the exception of the defensive backfield but the competition hasn't been good at all. Farragut will be the team that will tell you where we stand. 

1 hour ago, DBGRAD70 said:

That is how it should go. But you just never know. DB almost never makes a win over SH an easy thing.

That being said, these rankings are equivalent to measuring in degrees the direction the wind is blowing with a  wet finger. Just not nearly correct. I think we should get Waco to publish rankings for 6A.

The WaCoJaCo 5A Tennessee High School Football poll is the only poll that was ever 100% correct. I could post a 100% correct 6A poll right now if I wanted to. But I don't want to. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Better slow down on the Farragut talk. They just may sneak up and bite ya on the butt.

5 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

All thiz tawlk abowt Mairvul iz way preemature......We mite knott evun maik tha playofts....We're beet upp and haiv our hands full........:huh:

Got me to thinking Stars.Has Maryville "not ever made the playoffs since 1969".I also wonder how many teams in the state have come close or made the playoffs every year.I bet RR probably knows .

I know one of our top players is out for a couple weeks .. I over heard the trainers/ doctors talking a Boone ... He said depending on how fast he heals , looks to be several weeks (stinger I think ) - haven't heard any updates , has anyone heard anything on this ? 

As as to that 2012 team .. I think if our QB didn't get hurt in the S County game then we would have beat Maryville . After the game the  Maryville Coach said the same thing .. he thought it would have been tough to stop Foreman and Swafford (one two punch ) if they were both free in that game and able to play their normal positions . 

5 hours ago, kingindian33 said:

I know one of our top players is out for a couple weeks .. I over heard the trainers/ doctors talking a Boone ... He said depending on how fast he heals , looks to be several weeks (stinger I think ) - haven't heard any updates , has anyone heard anything on this ? 

As as to that 2012 team .. I think if our QB didn't get hurt in the S County game then we would have beat Maryville . After the game the  Maryville Coach said the same thing .. he thought it would have been tough to stop Foreman and Swafford (one two punch ) if they were both free in that game and able to play their normal positions . 

I heard it was a stinger but haven't heard anything else either. That guys tough, so I say he'll be back sooner than everybody thinks. We'll need him against Farragut.

On the 2012 team. I actually think DB was a more explosive team (better) after Foreman moved to quarterback. Not because the QB wasn't a good QB, but because it forced Clark to put the ball in Foreman's hands on every play. If you remember before the QB went down Forman was only getting 3 or 4 touches a game on offense. That was insanely stupid. Now if the QB had stayed healthy and Foreman got the ball in his hands 10-15 times per game then DB would of been hard to bring down. Even by Maryville. Probably the third state championship that Clark coached his way out of.

7 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Got me to thinking Stars.Has Maryville "not ever made the playoffs since 1969".I also wonder how many teams in the state have come close or made the playoffs every year.I bet RR probably knows .

Caiped crewsaider this iz oft tha top ov my haid.......1969, 1974, 1980, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996.....:popcorneater: