East Ridge vs Anderson County

Mavericksinflight

The Mavs we're sloppy the first half; hot and sluggish especially on defense.  Not sure maybe overlooked ER maybe miscalculated  there speed maybe it was just Homecoming who knows.  Penalties...... Some of the calls I still keep trying to find the penalty.... Anyways not on the field either.  Maybe ER is better than expected or they came to play.  We scored when we had to in that last minute of 1st half.  Second half different story but gave up a 78 yard TD some second string in.  All in all the player minds or scheme we're some where else for a short while. 

Brighter side Bethel was 6-0 kicks endzone.  Ella was 6-0 and recovered 3 of her own fumbles for scores. Awarded Homecoming Queen. 
G. Miller has more moves then you can shake a stick at koodos
Elliott is always Great and consistent every game. 
Fr.  Noe had another good game 
Fr.  Vowell still making the big plays into endzone.  Great job FR. Will be seeing some kick off returns in the endzone soon from Vowell!!
Holmes was A Monster again!!  

The Stone Cold award is Cummins.  Played every play like a Pro.. He is Solid as a Rock!! 

The Mavs had a hiccup but managed to burp it away  quickly. 

Great Job Mavs!! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Devilsx5 said:

AC can never talk about living rent free everyday since they established Greene Mondays and obsessed about beating 1 team just to get mercy ruled.

Go enjoy your win Devils. A lot of penalties by AC kept the drives alive for East Ridge for them to eat clock. Hate the starters gave up  1 touchdown. But they had a lot of yards in Penalties on that one drive. 

Edited by MavMan05
  • Upvote 1

AC had 70 yards in penalties in first half. Kept giving East Ridge first downs. East Ridge also waited till 3 to 5 seconds on the play clock to snap it. They chewed up 6+ minutes on their first drive with every first down being a penalty. Sloppy play by the defense. Starting offense scored on every single possession except one

Edited by haweanbula

Just now, TotallynotLEO said:

like I said,

Truth is we wish we were Greeneville it has been hard on us alot of therapy sessions. We see Greene and we forget how to put one foot in front of the other. Can I enter the high school fan transfer portal?

You can join the real greatest show on turf but you have to clean up after games until your probationary period is over.

East Ridge has some athletes and speed. Many of the chattanooga teams do. They do not have the coaching, established programs and buy in the upper east Tennessee teams do. That's the difference. There's probably some recruitment down there too that sucks up talent. 

The QB for east ridge was a player. That long run he had in the first half was all effort on his part. He was seemingly just inches away from being sacked a dozen times. Short yardage throws, counters, sweeps and ball control long drives that eat clock was the game plan for ER. They wanted to keep our offense off the field. With a couple well timed penalties that gave then a first down they had a 7 minute non scoring drive in the 3rd qtr after us scoring in under 2.  Repeat, rinse. Good game plan. 

AC mixed it up running and passing but scored on all but 2 drives I think. One turnover first half and one punt in the second half. 

2 hours ago, haweanbula said:

AC had 70 yards in penalties in first half. Kept giving East Ridge first downs. East Ridge also waited till 3 to 5 seconds on the play clock to snap it. They chewed up 6+ minutes on their first drive with every first down being a penalty. Sloppy play by the defense. Starting offense scored on every single possession except one

Yeah this appears to be one of those games where ER made us look worse than it was and we made ER look better than they are. Again I seen some of the AC penalties but most of them we're not really seeable and a few should have be no calls too. But that's just my opinion. It just was not a clean smooth game as the Mavs are accustom to or rather that I am accustomed  to seeing. 

40 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

East Ridge has some athletes and speed. Many of the chattanooga teams do. They do not have the coaching, established programs and buy in the upper east Tennessee teams do. That's the difference. There's probably some recruitment down there too that sucks up talent. 

The QB for east ridge was a player. That long run he had in the first half was all effort on his part. He was seemingly just inches away from being sacked a dozen times. Short yardage throws, counters, sweeps and ball control long drives that eat clock was the game plan for ER. They wanted to keep our offense off the field. With a couple well timed penalties that gave then a first down they had a 7 minute non scoring drive in the 3rd qtr after us scoring in under 2.  Repeat, rinse. Good game plan. 

AC mixed it up running and passing but scored on all but 2 drives I think. One turnover first half and one punt in the second half. 

I agree your absolutely right those long time snaps played hard for AC on the rush and caused a few legitimate penalties. And they did a good job killing time.  We may be seeing this a lot in the future. Just need to prepare for it when they are keeping off field.  This is a defense adjustment. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I agree your absolutely right those long time snaps played hard for AC on the rush and caused a few legitimate penalties. And they did a good job killing time.  We may be seeing this a lot in the future. Just need to prepare for it when they are keeping off field.  This is a defense adjustment. 

How are we on injuries? It seems like we’re pretty healthy this year going into the bye week

We lost a big man for the season early on with a knee. One of our starters wasn't dressed last night but he had been ejected last week early so that may have been it. Other than that I don't know. 

Our friend has a freshman on the team is the reason we sometimes go. My son is in middle school and he likes to go see his friends.

• Upvote 2