Germantown at Henry County

kwc

7-5A* But yes, huge game and probably our toughest opponent left on the schedule. I think before the season, most HC fans thought this one was a toss up at best, if not leaning towards a L for the Patriots. We’ve really played some good ball the last several weeks, and Germantown has struggled some. Can you shed some light on the current G’Town team?

12 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

7-5A* But yes, huge game and probably our toughest opponent left on the schedule. I think before the season, most HC fans thought this one was a toss up at best, if not leaning towards a L for the Patriots. We’ve really played some good ball the last several weeks, and Germantown has struggled some. Can you shed some light on the current G’Town team?

New coach. New culture. Some inexperience. In my opinion getting better each week.

Lost to:

Cordova at home 21-20 (should have won)

Desoto Central at home 35-14 (strange situation lights 4 minute into 1st quarter went out because of a car hitting a tree, said tree fell on powerline. Game was played the following Saturday morning at 10 am.)

Oakland at home 35-8

Olive Branch at home 20-13

Beat:

KIPP @ home 50-0

Father Ryan @ FR 20-13 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

New coach. New culture. Some inexperience. In my opinion getting better each week.

Lost to:

Desoto Central at home 35-14 (strange situation lights 4 minute into 1st quarter went out because of a car hitting a tree, said tree fell on powerline. Game was played the following Saturday morning at 10 am.)

Oakland at home 35-8

Beat:

KIPP @ home 50-0

Father Ryan @ FR 20-13 

Great insight. Any thoughts on this matchup?

1 hour ago, OmahaPatriot said:

Great insight. Any thoughts on this matchup?

HC takes this one and slaps a big W on it..  At home the 12th man will be all hyped up. Bringing the noise like nothing this years Gtown has heard yet this year. I Cant imagine Gtown will be as tough as Brentwood.  We are just doing to good like a well oiled machine. I have a score prediction in mind but I'll wait on the YANKER ,hes pretty spot on. After he post probably Thursday . I'll see how far off mine is from his. I'll post it then unless I'm so far off I just embarrass myself. Also I want to find out if jayln foster is playing Friday. He will be a big factor in my prediction.  GO BIG RED!

2 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Lost to:

Oakland at home 35-8

Beat:

KIPP @ home 50-0

Father Ryan @ FR 20-13 

Wins are against a 2-4 kipp and a 1-4 father Ryan? I'm predicting a long quiet ride back to Germantown. HC has some redemption to get this year. 

This may very well be a good game! I'm not going to overlook this Germantown team! They did beat us the last 2 years and their QB seems to be pretty good as well! Although I love the way Henry County is playing right now and we couldnt be playing any better! Cant wait for another Friday night at Patriot Stadium!

Edited by PatriotNation

1 minute ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Any idea why the last coach left Germantown? It seemed like he had it rolling there. And why leave a storied program for a smaller rural school? It just doesn't make any sense from my perspective as an outsider looking in.

I have connections to Coach Smith and he wanted to be a part of a one school town. Has nothing to do with size of school or anything like that. He went to Haywood to better himself and financially it made sense. Hope that helps. Coach Smith is a great coach and man!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1