#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

Our special teams have been an issue too, not sure who coaches them, but they have not been good either.  

Our offense is the worst I have seen so far of all the district teams.  We have more talent than a lot of district teams, but our scheme is bad.  I thought coach kit had it fixed, but Oakland made me think he didn’t.  However, Oakland will make lots of teams offense look bad.  But I just feel like we have the talent to be more competitive, I think we only had 2-3 first downs.  I don’t know for sure who is calling the shots on offense, I have an idea, but I know it’s bad.  Hope we can get this fixed b4 the third round when we get shot #2 at Oakland.  

6 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

Our special teams have been an issue too, not sure who coaches them, but they have not been good either.  

Our offense is the worst I have seen so far of all the district teams.  We have more talent than a lot of district teams, but our scheme is bad.  I thought coach kit had it fixed, but Oakland made me think he didn’t.  However, Oakland will make lots of teams offense look bad.  But I just feel like we have the talent to be more competitive, I think we only had 2-3 first downs.  I don’t know for sure who is calling the shots on offense, I have an idea, but I know it’s bad.  Hope we can get this fixed b4 the third round when we get shot #2 at Oakland.  

You guys are gonna have to go through Mt. Juliet first, who has a strong defense as well. Blackman's problems on offense are the kind that can't be solved over a few weeks, short of establishing a run game

Edited by MidTennFootball

I am hoping the bye week helped us get it all fixed.  I don’t really know for sure who is in charge of offense but I think I know.  I think we can finish 2nd and host and maybe make some noise!  

who usually makes decisions on OC,DC, etc?  Head coach, principal, AD?   

do you think we have talent like I think, or am I looking at it with rose colored glasses?

1 hour ago, BigGameHunter said:

I am hoping the bye week helped us get it all fixed.  I don’t really know for sure who is in charge of offense but I think I know.  I think we can finish 2nd and host and maybe make some noise!  

who usually makes decisions on OC,DC, etc?  Head coach, principal, AD?   

do you think we have talent like I think, or am I looking at it with rose colored glasses?

No doubt about it, Blackman has talent.  However, this team isn't as talented as the teams that came before it and only one of those teams advanced beyond the quarterfinals and that team would beat this current Blackman team as bad as Oakland just did.

Blackman had no problem moving the ball last year so the offense works but when your one dimensional, a good defense is going to eat this offense alive. Blackman is going to need something resembling a running game or a short passing game that can act as a run game, to keep teams like Oakland from just pinning their ears back and going after the QB

The OC was def Hartsfield's hire to make, Blackman has given him the freedom to run the program his way, so he's gonna need to figure a way to make it work or they'll be a day where Blackman will struggle just to make the playoffs