D2-3A which is stronger...East/Middle or Wsest?

PurplePanther

9 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

So you havnt seen Baylor this year? I only caught a little of MBA against Ensworth. So I don’t know enough to say what you all are bringing. But Baylor is not what you’ve played the past three years. 

I was at the Baylor v Father Ryan game.  You and I bantered about that game.  I’ve seen Howard up close and personal and even commented on the LB... I think his name is Martin...#32 if my memory serves me better than yours...:roflolk:

11 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

So you havnt seen Baylor this year? I only caught a little of MBA against Ensworth. So I don’t know enough to say what you all are bringing. But Baylor is not what you’ve played the past three years. 

Sparty means the last 15 years...other than 4 or 5 years go, Suk Creek has been down there with the like of Pope Paul and FR.....Suk Creek hasnt really beat anybody in class except for the Nashville Catholic schools since Sparty was payin loyalty to Haslams school up in knoxville as a middle schooler

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

11 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

I don’t know how I’d feel meeting someone I’ve talked to for years who probably looks vastly different than in my imagination. 

trust Booger ......the bar of Sparty raises much higher than it does hob nobbin with that wanta b pod castin mccallie luvin self proclaimed sports guru partner of Spartys....

....what was the red zone and chattanoogan.com thinkin

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

MBA vs. Baylor is going to be very interesting tonight. MBA had those early losses, but all against teams that have ended up having great seasons. It causes some to underestimate the Big Red, especially their defense.

If MBA is going to beat Baylor, they will need to do so through the air. That's what it took for McCallie, and the Blue Tornado run game is tremendous. Didn't matter against Baylor's very stingy run defense. Necessitated McCallie getting the offense going through the air, which it did; Blue Tornado WR Eric Rivers (possibly the most underrated player in II-AAA) had 200 yards receiving in that game.

But the problem for MBA is Elijah Howard, the star junior RB transfer who has made Baylor so tough to stop on offense. If the Big Red can shut down Howard, that would be a tremendous achievement. I just don't see that happening. Even in a losing effort vs. McCallie, his stat line: 19 car/146y/2 TD; 3 rec/84y/TD.

I like MBA's chances better than I did Knox Catholic's last Friday, but I still see Baylor as the decisive favorite. MBA struggled to contain Briarcrest RB Jabari Small, and Howard is similar in height/weight, but also incredibly elusive and hard to tackle.

As for Ensworth at Brentwood Academy, I predict Ensworth but just narrowly. I'm not sure how close to fully-recovered BA QB Wade Williams is at this point. Nearly a 100% chance for rain in the forecast for the duration of the games taking place in middle Tennessee tonight, including this one.

Sneaky-important: Knox Catholic at 7-1 Brentwood High in a non-region game. If KC loses this game, there goes the greatest number of victories tiebreaker it would have over BA and Ensworth in a three-way tie at 2-3 in II-AAA East.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LouPickney said:

MBA vs. Baylor is going to be very interesting tonight. MBA had those early losses, but all against teams that have ended up having great seasons. It causes some to underestimate the Big Red, especially their defense.

If MBA is going to beat Baylor, they will need to do so through the air. That's what it took for McCallie, and the Blue Tornado run game is tremendous. Didn't matter against Baylor's very stingy run defense. Necessitated McCallie getting the offense going through the air, which it did; Blue Tornado WR Eric Rivers (possibly the most underrated player in II-AAA) had 200 yards receiving in that game.

But the problem for MBA is Elijah Howard, the star junior RB transfer who has made Baylor so tough to stop on offense. If the Big Red can shut down Howard, that would be a tremendous achievement. I just don't see that happening. Even in a losing effort vs. McCallie, his stat line: 19 car/146y/2 TD; 3 rec/84y/TD.

I like MBA's chances better than I did Knox Catholic's last Friday, but I still see Baylor as the decisive favorite. MBA struggled to contain Briarcrest RB Jabari Small, and Howard is similar in height/weight, but also incredibly elusive and hard to tackle.

As for Ensworth at Brentwood Academy, I predict Ensworth but just narrowly. I'm not sure how close to fully-recovered BA QB Wade Williams is at this point. Nearly a 100% chance for rain in the forecast for the duration of the games taking place in middle Tennessee tonight, including this one.

Sneaky-important: Knox Catholic at 7-1 Brentwood High in a non-region game. If KC loses this game, there goes the greatest number of victories tiebreaker it would have over BA and Ensworth in a three-way tie at 2-3 in II-AAA East.

I already predicted the MBA game.  Now I’m going against you here as well for BA v Ensworth.  Father Ryan ran the ball down Ensworth’s throat.  The loss was big, but 2 punt returns and a blocked FG return will do that.  If Ryan ran for 200+ on Ensworth, I foresee more of the same with BA.  I give their run game the edge over Ryan.  Also, while a very good athlete, Tigers QB won’t beat them through the air, and I don’t see a lot in terms of running against BA this week.  Both teams need the win...especially with the weather, give me BA.

38 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I already predicted the MBA game.  Now I’m going against you here as well for BA v Ensworth.  Father Ryan ran the ball down Ensworth’s throat.  The loss was big, but 2 punt returns and a blocked FG return will do that.  If Ryan ran for 200+ on Ensworth, I foresee more of the same with BA.  I give their run game the edge over Ryan.  Also, while a very good athlete, Tigers QB won’t beat them through the air, and I don’t see a lot in terms of running against BA this week.  Both teams need the win...especially with the weather, give me BA.

I disagree on Baylor. I think Baylor will pull out a close one. Lower scoring than usually for them. I’d say 17-14. 

I do agree on BA. Ensworth could not stop Howard for Baylor at all. And while #15 is not quite on Howard’s level he’s pretty close. I think BA wins because of the ability to run it with this weather.

6 hours ago, LouPickney said:

Catholic beat Brentwood Academy head to head, if they finish with the same amount of regions wins you are telling us that BA gets the playoff spot due to an overall better record?  That makes absolutely no sense. A tie breakers should be based on head to head play.  Why even bother playing a region schedule if head to head is out the window.  Hypothetical situation: say that Baylor and McCallie finish with the same region record (4-1) but Baylor had a better record, lets say Baylor is 9-1 and McCallie is 8-2 but McCallie beat them head to head.  Baylor would be region champs?

Edited by QSouth89

3 minutes ago, QSouth89 said:

Catholic beat Brentwood Academy head to head, if they finish with the same amount regions wins BA gets the playoff spot due to a better record?  That makes no sense tie breakers should be based on head to head competition.  Why even bother playing a region schedule then

Three-way tie with a 1-1 tiebreaker is when the overall wins tiebreaker would go into effect.

Division II-AAA East
McCallie 4-0 (8-0) and Baylor 3-1 (7-1): CLINCHED

2-1 (6-2) Ensworth
1-2 (5-3) Brentwood Acad.
1-3 (5-3) Knox Catholic

If BA beats Ensworth *and* Knox Catholic beats Brentwood High
2-2 (6-3) Ensworth
2-2 (6-3) Brentwood Acad.
1-3 (6-3) Knox Catholic

If McCallie beats Ensworth, Baylor beats BA, *and* Catholic beats FRHS
2-3 (7-3) Knox Catholic
2-3 (6-4) Brentwood Acad.
2-3 (6-4) Ensworth

1-1 common record for all three teams.

https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2019FBRegulations.pdf

Tiebreaker #1: "The team with the greatest number of victories."

Knox Catholic gets the #3 seed ahead of BA and Ensworth with the most overall wins.

Reset back to head-to-head, and Brentwood Academy gets the #4 seed while Ensworth misses the playoffs.

If everything above happens EXCEPT KC beating Brentwood High, you'd end up going to the #2 tiebreaker: "The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games."