Tennessee High at David Crockett

stockton4182

16 hours ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Lawnman has Betsy ever went undefeated in the regular season aside from that '38 season?  I know they have had several successful teams and several good playoff runs but it seems like they've always had one hiccup during the regular season.

Elizabethton was No. 1 for three weeks in 1999 and two weeks in 1951. The only perfect regular season in program history came in '51 (10-0) under the legendary John Treadway. The 1938 state champs went 9-0-1. There's been a bunch of 9-1 seasons.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Only had 3 plays on offense it would’ve been a different outcome if 51 was in there. Like I said I would love to see a rematch in playoffs but Knoxville teams are tough.

Hey Stockton, are you close enough to the Crockett team or student body to get a feel for the Musket Bowl this year?    Before the season started Boone felt we had a chance, but when Cole went out in the Greeneville game, we got absolute demolished by Tenn High the following week, after that Boone pretty much just cashed in the season and started thinking about basketball.      But now that we see Crockett is not invincible there seems to be a glimmer of hope amongst the blazer fans.    I think it will be a highly charged emotional atmosphere.    Crockett has something to prove after stumbling last week, and Boone would love to play the role of spoiler.    I could see the first half being close, perhaps less than a 10 point difference at halftime.   Then Boone has our typical 2nd half meltdown and Crockett methodically  picks us apart to win by a very comfortable margin.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hey Stockton, are you close enough to the Crockett team or student body to get a feel for the Musket Bowl this year?    Before the season started Boone felt we had a chance, but when Cole went out in the Greeneville game, we got absolute demolished by Tenn High the following week, after that Boone pretty much just cashed in the season and started thinking about basketball.      But now that we see Crockett is not invincible there seems to be a glimmer of hope amongst the blazer fans.    I think it will be a highly charged emotional atmosphere.    Crockett has something to prove after stumbling last week, and Boone would love to play the role of spoiler.    I could see the first half being close, perhaps less than a 10 point difference at halftime.   Then Boone has our typical 2nd half meltdown and Crockett methodically  picks us apart to win by a very comfortable margin.

I’m done with this post will be making Boone vs Crockett post when I get back to Johnson City from Dollywood.