Lake Co @ Greenfield

shockernation

39 minutes ago, FridayNightShowtime said:

Thank you for the information. I plan to keep up with 1A the remainder of the season. Good luck to both teams. Once I "get in" and know some information, I may chime in on some of my thoughts. These posts seem very entertaining.

Just wait till the the playoffs. It gets really entertaining!

On 10/20/2019 at 10:13 PM, FridayNightShowtime said:

Who will shine for LC Friday? Will starters play or will they come out? Of course, everyone I see is praising Greenfield because of their record, but I'm hearing nothing but great things about this LC team! Will the starters come out once it is a blow out, or will this be the game the begin to stay in? Of course you want no star player injured, but do you risk it? What about Greenfield? Do they have any star players, or has their opponents been "that weak"?

We have a good running back named Keylon Thomas #6, but I don't see him being able to get out of the backfield with the swarming defense Lake County has.  Lake County has made a major commitment to the weight room, and it shows by the size and speed of their defense.  Against normal defenses, he is rushing for 100+ yards in a game.  Our strength of schedule has not been great this year, but we did beat another top 10 opponent in Memphis Middle College.  I believe we have a good team, but the top 4 in the state are just on a different level.

2 hours ago, JacketPride5 said:

We have a good running back named Keylon Thomas #6, but I don't see him being able to get out of the backfield with the swarming defense Lake County has.  Lake County has made a major commitment to the weight room, and it shows by the size and speed of their defense.  Against normal defenses, he is rushing for 100+ yards in a game.  Our strength of schedule has not been great this year, but we did beat another top 10 opponent in Memphis Middle College.  I believe we have a good team, but the top 4 in the state are just on a different level.

We gonna bring a crowd, look forward to Friday night

1 hour ago, FridayNightShowtime said:

Middle College is not  anything to go by are they??

They have a lot of speed and run a weird offense that is hard to defend.  They are not going to win state or anything, but they have a good team.  Again, in my opinion, 1-4 are on their own level, then 5-20 are all about even.  Some teams in the 5-20 are better than others, but I don't think any of them are blowing out the other.  Whereas, Lake County, Huntingdon, South Pittsburg, and Greenback are going to blow out most any other 1A team they play.

On 10/21/2019 at 1:50 PM, JacketPride5 said:

I don't know who is saying that.  I thought we had a chance last year, and we learned quickly they were at a different level.  We have a very good team for us, but LC has a team that doesn't come around a lot for small 1A teams.  I just hope we can give them a competitive game.

Just going by what I'm seeing on the Facebook. Of course a lot of it is just prideful moms and dads