Watertown host East Rob

Bms54

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

You may not be the one disappointing lol, rtd loves the TC but sometimes that can interfere with ones beliefs. I have said it all year, our defense is good enough to get back to cookeville and compete with peabody, but offensively it will be a challenge when we get into games with good defenses themselves. Tyner is so athletic and have played a much better schedule than us, Baptiste could have a field day in a couple weeks, if we get by Tyner, we likely get Watertown and they have a stingy defense and a offense that has been improving all year, then comes Meigs, with all stater Swafford, they too have played a tough schedule and will benefit from it. We once again have murderer's row ahead of us and everyone saw the battered and beaten jackets in the title game last year, not sure if this team will have the same depth and offensive ability to score 30+ when they have to. All this leading back to this game, of course us TC faithful are pulling for the Indians, but I will say if the tigers win as they should, congrats to the Watertown purple tigers, you guys earned it when it mattered. Hopefully we can do it again in a few weeks, but one game at a time!

We're every bit as strong as last year when we are healthy, and last year I thought we were a good team. We have our qb who is by far the best runner and dual threat qb I've seen in 4 years and have formed another weapon in the form of RB Will Meadows. We are a much stronger running team this year with probably less strength in passing due to injuries  and graduation. When healthy though our passing game is also very good. In 2 games we have had 20 and 27 points scored against us against two of the top 4 1A teams and allowed 17 other points in the remaining 7 games that we have played. We had 3 major players either injured or sick during the South Pitt game so not sure how that might have gone had we been fully healthy. On that night though regardless they were better... you play with what you got enough said. Last year it was stated by the TC faithful they would best us by 2 and some said 3 touchdowns and in the end it was a 3 point game. I like that kind of mentality as again you will be really surprised if we are lucky and skilled enough to welcome you to Jewel field this year. Region one will be a much tougher region this year for us so it will be alot of fun the very first game moving forward they have 3 teams with records that are respectfully 8-1, 7-2, and 7-2 we are seasoned this year coming in to the playoffs. And will be even more so come 4th round if our paths meet. Appreciate the follow up TCradio, but I believe we will be able to make a believer out of RTD if we get a chance to meet.

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Other than the disparaging comments about Forrest's water, I can agree with most of his points in this thread. Watertown/  Trousdale winner is most likely team to get to Cookeville and they have a decent chance of winning the whole thing. 

No clue about y'alls water, but East is honestly wide open this year between 4 teams and maybe even 5 not sure how good Hampton is we will see.

Meigs

Watertown

Trousdale

Tyner

Hampton may be as good as the above mentioned not sure. Couple weeks everyone will know.

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

:roll: Do your self a favor and fire your scout.

I said the same thing last year and Meigs couldn't handle TC speed. Meigs had an issue with team speed on defense. I still feel like two-team race for the east. Until Tyner or Meigs beat either TC or Watertown noting will change my mind. 

3 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Sounds like you got it all figured out :thumb:

Nah I don't have it all figures out just my opinion. A referee that I have spoken to and that has ref a Meigs a Tyner game and who has seen Peabody play has told me he feels that it will be a repeat of last year championship game and that Peabody will beat TC again because of its offense to many playmakers to keep in check so like I said I don't know how everything will go but it's just a feeling I have about Peabody. Don't get me wrong I know it will take a perfect game to beat Peabody with how good of a QB you'll have his accuracy last year was amazing it's a tall task to beat a team like Peabody.

Just now, RTD said:

I said the same thing last year and Meigs couldn't handle TC speed. Meigs had an issue with team speed on defense. I still feel like two-team race for the east. Until Tyner or Meigs beat either TC or Watertown noting will change my mind. 

Ok man, good luck in Cookeville I've seen your schedule already has you playing there. I met TCradio last year and had a conversation with him and MVP. If they can recall the conversation everything I said held true. And I'm not one to exaggerate. But any way glad we got this out of the way always nice to know who cant put their personal feelings aside about their team before you try and talk football with them. Good luck in the playoffs.

Screenshot_20191101-113355_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

The only thing that I will say about your post is that you’re not taking into consideration is Peabody coaching staff. You give credit to TC’s coaching schemes being improved but I guarantee Peabody will out coach close to 90% of the teams they play. Peabody has a great coaching staff & it doesn’t matter what kind of talent Peabody rolls onto the field, they’re going to be competitive because their coaches put those kids in the best positions to make plays. You can say Peabody hasn’t played any tough opponents or what not, but the most their defense has given up all year is 14 points. & I know the Milan game the defense only gave up 7 while the other score was a scoop & score from a fumble. These teams Peabody has played have put up points against other teams all year but not against Peabody. Credit that to their coaching. Milan put up 39 points against the “unstoppable” Huntington Mustangs & put up points against other quality opponents. Same could be said to Union City who scored 49 points on 4A opponent Dyersburg. Peabody would be a good team with only the talent they have but with their coaching staff & the ability to scheme against their opponents, they are a great team. 

btw I didn’t meant to go on a spill in a H2O & ER thread. Sorry guys 

That goes without saying I know Peabody has one of best coaches in high school football in the state. That's why I'm excited to see either match up because H20 has a great coaching staff just like TC. I watch that Milan game online I saw what Peabody is capable of doing that score could have been even worse I felt like Peabody called the dogs off late in that game.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Ok man, good luck in Cookeville I've seen your schedule already has you playing there. I met TCradio last year and had a conversation with him and MVP. If they can recall the conversation everything I said held true. And I'm not one to exaggerate. But any way glad we got this out of the way always nice to know who cant put their personal feelings aside about their team before you try and talk football with them. Good luck in the playoffs.

Screenshot_20191101-113355_Chrome.jpg

Not personal feelings at all it's just my opinion. If this was personal I would never admit to Watertown being just as good if not better than TC that shows my personal feelings are out of the equation informing my opinion. I know Meigs is a very good team but running the ball against TC/ Watertown isn't a good idea at all nobody can drive the length of the field running the ball against either team. But I know Meigs has a QB that is more than capable of big plays. I just feel TC/ Watertown DC would come up with a scheme to hold him in check as much as possible for the win over Meigs. Also is that from unapproved website?

7 minutes ago, RTD said:

Not personal feelings at all it's just my opinion. If this was personal I would never admit to Watertown being just as good if not better than TC that shows my personal feelings are out of the equation informing my opinion. I know Meigs is a very good team but running the ball against TC/ Watertown isn't a good idea at all nobody can drive the length of the field running the ball against either team. But I know Meigs has a QB that is more than capable of big plays. I just feel TC/ Watertown DC would come up with a scheme to hold him in check as much as possible for the win over Meigs. Also is that from unapproved website?

It is from preps yes.. Just remember on your very good defense we scored 29 last year. Not enough to win but last year we earned respect. Why we dont have it now is beyond me.

Edited by Imthayeti

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

It is from preps yes.. Just remember on your very good defense we scored 29 last year. Not enough to win but last year we earned respect. Why we dont have it now is beyond me.

You have respect from me because of last year game. TC defense is better than last year team defense. I think it's because  try new head coach  has improved thought the season as the head coach and with the addition of a few players to the secondary and some being moved around the defense has improved but hasn't been tested that much in the passing game which is their weaknesses.

13 minutes ago, RTD said:

You have respect from me because of last year game. TC defense is better than last year team defense. I think it's because  try new head coach  has improved thought the season as the head coach and with the addition of a few players to the secondary and some being moved around the defense has improved but hasn't been tested that much in the passing game which is their weaknesses.

You dont respect teams till they beat you man lol. Look at your thread against Watertown this year. You gave them no chance but they won. Then after they beat you they have your respect... that's the truth. Anyhow it's cool man just know we have the ability at the very least to surprise you again I assure you. Be it enough who knows. Will be fun if it works out that way.