Mount Juliet at Hendersonville

MJGOLDENBEARS

Who is celebrating ANYTHING at MJ? If they end up 7-3, this is still considered a "down" year for that program. That is how the staff and fans view this. MJ was no doubt the best team Oakland faced in 2018. Nobody honestly cares about a week 2 loss. They turned around and beat that same team by 5 TOUCHDOWNS one week after beating MJ by one. Just pipe down, and definitely try harder next time. I also have "no dog in the hunt" here by the way. 

38 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

No dog in the hunt here but Mt Juliet fans you know you do not have an elite program when you celebrate being anything other than the best. What makes it worse is that Mt Juliet was not even the second best team in 6A last year. How can Mt Juliet fans say they gave Oakland the best game last year or were the second best team in 6A last year when Maryville beat Oakland during the regular season. Makes no sense at all. 

As for this game I will go with Mt Juliet in a close game. 

Hmm maybe the fact that Oakland beat them 38-0 in the playoffs.... not the regular season... are you sure of difference between semifinals and regular season? Should I define it for you? Once a dingbat always a dingbat

No need to pipe down. Maryville was the only team to beat Oakland in the last two years at this point. It's always difficult to beat a good team twice. Obviously Mt Juliet was very good last year but imo not the second best team. That goes to Maryville. A loss is a loss. A win is a win. 

This year is not a down year for Mt Juliet. It's not as good as last year at this point but anything can happen. 

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

No need to pipe down. Maryville was the only team to beat Oakland in the last two years at this point. It's always difficult to beat a good team twice. Obviously Mt Juliet was very good last year but imo not the second best team. That goes to Maryville. A loss is a loss. A win is a win. 

This year is not a down year for Mt Juliet. It's not as good as last year at this point but anything can happen. 

When the playoffs started, MJ was the 2nd best team in 6A. Fair enough?

Just now, workinprogress said:

You’re points are irrelevant seeing that you make no sense. Might as well give up your role as a full time “high school sports analyst”.

29 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Who is celebrating ANYTHING at MJ? If they end up 7-3, this is still considered a "down" year for that program. That is how the staff and fans view this. MJ was no doubt the best team Oakland faced in 2018. Nobody honestly cares about a week 2 loss. They turned around and beat that same team by 5 TOUCHDOWNS one week after beating MJ by one. Just pipe down, and definitely try harder next time. I also have "no dog in the hunt" here by the way. 

He’s a funny guy, always has had it out for MJ without making much sense. I think he likes my attention.

Yes I know the differences. Do you know the difference between winning and losing. Should I define that for you. No one can say Mt Juliet gave Oakland the best game ladt year when Maryville beat Oakland. No one in my mind can say Mt Juliet was the second best team when Mt Juliet did not get to the finals. Third best okay. Either way we are talking about something other than the best. 

Don't have it out for Mt Juliet. I wasn't high on TP at first but he and the staff have shown me differently the past few years. I know people at MJ and I know those that have been at MJ in the past. Good school, good people, good athletic programs. I don't have anything negative to say about Mt Juliet. I do keep things in perspective though. 

2 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Yes I know the differences. Do you know the difference between winning and losing. Should I define that for you. No one can say Mt Juliet gave Oakland the best game ladt year when Maryville beat Oakland. No one in my mind can say Mt Juliet was the second best team when Mt Juliet did not get to the finals. Third best okay. Either way we are talking about something other than the best. 

I don’t even care to be second best... that’s not my argument. Since we are here however do you understand that playoff implications would make a matchup much much more serious? Early season games are far different than late season/ playoff games. Not sure I would ever have to define that for someone on here but here I am. Talk about a “win” all you want. All I see is a 38-0 win in the semis. A team had we not had special teams errors against, we could have possibly won that game.

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

Don't have it out for Mt Juliet. I wasn't high on TP at first but he and the staff have shown me differently the past few years. I know people at MJ and I know those that have been at MJ in the past. Good school, good people, good athletic programs. I don't have anything negative to say about Mt Juliet. I do keep things in perspective though. 

Saying I know people at MJ as a reason for being “cool” with the program, is the same as someone saying “I’m not racist I listen to rap”!!!!! Lol funny guy