Mount Juliet at Hendersonville

MJGOLDENBEARS

Seeing this game will be played at Hendersonville and in the freezing cold.... that doesn’t give us the best head start. Which MJ team will show up? Will Hville team will show up? MJ has looked much better on offense as of late, and the defense as been solid for the most part. MJ should be the favorite.... same was said vs Stewart’s Creek, and Oak Ridge....

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Seeing this game will be played at Hendersonville and in the freezing cold.... that doesn’t give us the best head start. Which MJ team will show up? Will Hville team will show up? MJ has looked much better on offense as of late, and the defense as been solid for the most part. MJ should be the favorite.... same was said vs Stewart’s Creek, and Oak Ridge....

Hendersonville is a dangerous offensive team. I think this will be a good game and Mt Juliet is not the obvious favorite.  

13 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Hendersonville is a dangerous offensive team. I think this will be a good game and Mt Juliet is not the obvious favorite.  

Maybe not the obvious favorite, but definitely the favorite. MJ has beaten, or barely lost to the teams that Hville has lost close, and lost by wider margins by. MJ wins a close game.

• Upvote 1

This is what I know. I know that the Bears are rolling with some young guys at key positions. I also know that MJ will come in with all their I's dotted and their T's crossed.  Defensively they have the ability to get after it and are well coached. Offensively since moving to a more spread attack they are still having success and are putting points up.

Hendersonville is better than what their record shows. Against Gallatin they were able to move the ball at will but just couldn't finish drives. I believe MJ has the upper hand in this match up but will have to play a solid game and not let the Commandos keep it close.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:53 AM, GWAVE1 said:

Tall order for the Commandos tomorrow night.  Any team that held Gallatin and Lebanon to 7 points is pretty good.  Best WR we have faced all year in Bowen, explosive playmakers in Sowell and Baggett.  IMO they are more dangerous on offense with the 2 young QB’s who can run and throw and with Bowen running the wildcat.  Excellent kicking game which includes the ability to frequently run fake punts and FG. It will take a total team effort to win.  We have knocked on the door a lot this year, time to kick the door in.  Go Commandos! 

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Tall order for the Commandos tomorrow night.  Any team that held Gallatin and Lebanon to 7 points is pretty good.  Best WR we have faced all year in Bowen, explosive playmakers in Sowell and Baggett.  IMO they are more dangerous on offense with the 2 young QB’s who can run and throw and with Bowen running the wildcat.  Excellent kicking game which includes the ability to frequently run fake punts and FG. It will take a total team effort to win.  We have knocked on the door a lot this year, time to kick the door in.  Go Commandos! 

It would not surprise me if Hendersonville pulls this out.  They have a good offensive squad and can hurt you in many ways.  If they can get some key stops on defense then this game can swing Hville’s way.  

No dog in the hunt here but Mt Juliet fans you know you do not have an elite program when you celebrate being anything other than the best. What makes it worse is that Mt Juliet was not even the second best team in 6A last year. How can Mt Juliet fans say they gave Oakland the best game last year or were the second best team in 6A last year when Maryville beat Oakland during the regular season. Makes no sense at all. 

As for this game I will go with Mt Juliet in a close game.