Trousdale hosts Marion

tcjacket13

I’m currently not an official but have 10 yrs under my belt. I would suggest you try it sometime and it will open your eyes. I will say that 99% of officials are unbiased toward a team/school when they show up to call a game. I was not in attendance tonight but I listened to Cheese and Cameron so I did not see the ply you are talking about but if the call was made that far away I would assume it was probably something dealing with a) safety (that being a blindside hit) or b) something completely unnecessary. I can say that I have made those calls myself and as the official you look at the kid and say why did you do that. It all reverts back to a). If your teammate is 30 yds downfield with the ball then then what’s the need in doing that. As you said it has not effect on the play. 

So Mr. White, chill out and if you need info on getting signed up for next season, let me know next time you see me. I may even have an extra whistle hanging around I can lend ya!

3 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I’m currently not an official but have 10 yrs under my belt. I would suggest you try it sometime and it will open your eyes. I will say that 99% of officials are unbiased toward a team/school when they show up to call a game. I was not in attendance tonight but I listened to Cheese and Cameron so I did not see the ply you are talking about but if the call was made that far away I would assume it was probably something dealing with a) safety (that being a blindside hit) or b) something completely unnecessary. I can say that I have made those calls myself and as the official you look at the kid and say why did you do that. It all reverts back to a). If your teammate is 30 yds downfield with the ball then then what’s the need in doing that. As you said it has not effect on the play. 

So Mr. White, chill out and if you need info on getting signed up for next season, let me know next time you see me. I may even have an extra whistle hanging around I can lend ya!

Yes.  But then you have the situation with the 1986 state title game when the refs gave the go ahead for a team to run an illegal play without notifying the defensive team in the first half.  Plus, the way the receiver lined up 1 yard from his sideline was dodge to boot.  Game would never have gone into overtime for the bogus out of position line judge to blow that call.  Even Ronnie Carter said those officials blew it on those calls.

Edited by rlh

Just now, jwhite601 said:

Refs have been trained to call against winning team when mercy rule is in effect...im convinced of it

I will say I never cut the team up by 40 pts a break and bet if you polled 100 coaches that have been up that much, they will all be thankful. Penalties are mistakes and the winning coach wants to clean them up. In the game of HS football, you can call a penalty on almost every play. You don’t see them all but they are there. 

Mr Welch.....i understand that officiating is a VERY difficult job...but none the less you are a JUDGE on the field.....if a kid bust his #### to break 3 tackles....on the right side of  the hashmark...and you see something happen 3 miles away onthe left side of the field that has absolutely nothing to affect the play...why would you throw that flag?

2 minutes ago, rlh said:

Yes.  But then you have the situation with the 1986 state title game when the refs gave the go ahead for a team to run an illegal play without notifying the defensive team in the first half.  Plus, the way the receiver lined up 1 yard from his sideline was dodge to boot.  Game would never have gone into overtime for the bogus out of position line judge to blow that call.  Even Ronnie Carter said those officials blew it on those calls.

Sorry bud, I was -1 at that time. I can only speak of officials that I worked with. Been on the sideline for a few yrs now but I am still close with several of the guys. It’s a thankless job and if you think it’s easy you all a wrong my friends. These guys poor their hearts into it for the love of the game and for the kids and don’t get the respect they deserve. You all will realize it in a few yrs when games are moved to random times just because there aren’t enough officials to cover all the games. Without those “hated” guys in stripes, there would be no games. 

6 minutes ago, jwhite601 said:

Mr Welch.....i understand that officiating is a VERY difficult job...but none the less you are a JUDGE on the field.....if a kid bust his #### to break 3 tackles....on the right side of  the hashmark...and you see something happen 3 miles away onthe left side of the field that has absolutely nothing to affect the play...why would you throw that flag?

3 minutes ago, jwhite601 said:

just yank that kid up a tell him he did wrong and let the coach know about it

.....life lessons 

Last time I checked football was a team sport and if a team commits a penalty regardless of a kid making a spectacular play, it’s gonna get called back. Life lesson, if your team doesn’t do it right then we fail. This isn’t tennis or golf we are talking about. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, BCB~MVP said:

Sorry bud, I was -1 at that time. I can only speak of officials that I worked with. Been on the sideline for a few yrs now but I am still close with several of the guys. It’s a thankless job and if you think it’s easy you all a wrong my friends. These guys poor their hearts into it for the love of the game and for the kids and don’t get the respect they deserve. You all will realize it in a few yrs when games are moved to random times just because there aren’t enough officials to cover all the games. Without those “hated” guys in stripes, there would be no games. 

I don't care if you were -15 at the time.  Ronnie Carter said it was bad.  I assure you those Zebras were genius compared to the ones the past 10 years.  Case in point, the pass record in a title game got a unsportsmanship call on one of the most lame arsed calls I have ever seen.  105 yards end zone to end zone.  The ball was in the air for 47 yards when the receiver caught it, stiffed armed a tackler and took it to the house.  Receiver turned around and looked at the QB in the other end zone and the zebra striped donkey threw the laundry.