Round 3: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

7 minutes ago, crow said:

Opinions may vary lol. I'm an old school 14-10 kinda guy myself. Those days are pretty much gone though. 

I very much dislike those type games. Up tempo offense, no huddle all day long for me. Our last game 8-3 going into the 4th killed me lol would have much rather it had been 35-30 going into the 4th.

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I very much dislike those type games. Up tempo offense, no huddle all day long for me. Our last game 8-3 going into the 4th killed me lol would have much rather it had been 35-30 going into the 4th.

I understand, I'm the minority now. That's why you see all the rule changes favoring offenses. Big scores bring in more fans, people love a circus lol. Problem is in my opinion the rule changes are very detrimental to the game as a whole. It hasn't affected high school as much as other levels but is has affected it and it will continue to I'm afraid. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

I understand, I'm the minority now. That's why you see all the rule changes favoring offenses. Big scores bring in more fans, people love a circus lol. Problem is in my opinion the rule changes are very detrimental to the game as a whole. It hasn't affected high school as much as other levels but is has affected it and it will continue to I'm afraid. 

Just more to be seen in a high scoring game. Otherwise all game your watching line play mostly. Fun and all but the object is to score and stop a score etc.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:20 AM, Imthayeti said:

Heard earlier today we had 500 yards rushing this last game? Is this true or some wishful thinking? Was also told Swafford had 300 yards rushing.  Anyone confirm or give actual stats I'd appreciate it.

Paper had "official" stats, just looked at them. Said Swafford was 19 for 295. Team was 465 rushing and 47 passing, 512 total. We had 4 lost fumbles and a blocked punt. Can't beat very many teams turning it over like we have at times this year. Oh penalties were Oneida had 1 for 1 yard, meigs was 10 for 90. Having our own officiating crew paid off again at least in that stat. Still not enough :roflolk:

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Paper had "official" stats, just looked at them. Said Swafford was 19 for 295. Team was 465 rushing and 47 passing, 512 total. We had 4 lost fumbles and a blocked punt. Can't beat very many teams turning it over like we have at times this year. Oh penalties were Oneida had 1 for 1 yard, meigs was 10 for 90. Having our own officiating crew paid off again at least in that stat. Still not enough :roflolk:

We played extremely well, but yeah y'all had some mistakes that really hurt as far as turnovers go.