District 1 A

Htowndawgs

7 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

:roflolk:

We set with some Cosby fans up top...Not an issue one...That brings up another point, there should be clear markings as to which side of a gym a team's fan base is to sit. No reason at all for both fan bases to be mixed up like that. Thats the very reason a couple sets of parents went at it all game then led to the mess at the end.

THANK YOU! Is it so very difficult to set certain sections for groups of fans?!?!? I'm sure, wherever they wind up playing tomorrow, there will be mixed fans all over the place, when all it would take would be a sign saying UH fans this side, Hampton fans this side. I mean shew

Section 7 page 10 of tssaa handbook.                                 Member schools are responsible for the conduct of their own fans and students at every athletic contest, 
regardless of where it may be held. 
The coach and principal of each of the schools participating in an athletic contest shall file a report immediately 
with the state office if there is any unusual incident involving poor sportsmanship, during or following the game, on 
the part of players, coaches, school administrators, game officials or spectators.

Edited by Tab

1 minute ago, Tab said:

Member schools are responsible for the conduct of their own fans and students at every athletic contest, 
regardless of where it may be held. 
The coach and principal of each of the schools participating in an athletic contest shall file a report immediately 
with the state office if there is any unusual incident involving poor sportsmanship, during or following the game, on 
the part of players, coaches, school administrators, game officials or spectators.

I don't suppose we have anything to be concerned with....I'm sure there's a police report too 

1 hour ago, Dawgfan88 said:

THANK YOU! Is it so very difficult to set certain sections for groups of fans?!?!? I'm sure, wherever they wind up playing tomorrow, there will be mixed fans all over the place, when all it would take would be a sign saying UH fans this side, Hampton fans this side. I mean shew

First thing I looked for was a sign!

Didn't want to end up setting with oldeagle LOL.    JK 

1 minute ago, Chsballfan said:

Cosby will prolly.be banned from all post season play next 2 years at least possibly more.  And May even be limited. Games allowed to play. For a couple season 

I don't see anything happening. But who knows about the TSSAA. What I do know is, Security should've stuck around to do their jobs until everyone had left the building.

The cosby players and coaches did nothing bad same goes for Hampton players and coaches from all reports I heard. It says each school is in charge of their fans so I say a fine will be handed out for both schools. But with tssaa nothing is ever certain

Moving away from late nite activities: How's tomorrow night shake out? Will we be ready for the effort it'll take to fight thru the 10 screens to stay with Meredith? Or will we lag behind leaving him open to shoot all night? Will we drive the ball at em, forcing them to play D or allow them to sag in comfortably? 

12 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Moving away from late nite activities: How's tomorrow night shake out? Will we be ready for the effort it'll take to fight thru the 10 screens to stay with Meredith? Or will we lag behind leaving him open to shoot all night? Will we drive the ball at em, forcing them to play D or allow them to sag in comfortably? 

Cosby reminded me of UH in their hyper guards. By now there should be no surprises in what each team can do. One can only think the guys will know they have to stay in front of the guards, not to let them just zoom unimpeded down the court.

2 hours ago, Dawgfan88 said:

Cosby reminded me of UH in their hyper guards. By now there should be no surprises in what each team can do. One can only think the guys will know they have to stay in front of the guards, not to let them just zoom unimpeded down the court.

One can think! Heck I thought that last game tho :roflol:

Depends on the mindset we come out with. If we were playing the Memphis Mitchell teams of the past, I could see being a bit deer eyed....but not in this matchup 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 11:58 PM, DukeDodgers said:

Yeah I’ve watched replay from a couple angles. The Cosby kid was all over Oaks. He sheds him. Situation where stronger kid wins. 

I aint trying to argue cause we should have made free throws down the stretch plain and simple! but let me tell you what it looked like through a darker shade of blue colored glasses.

#1 I didn't know you could call time out at halfcourt and inbound under your own goal??? (I honestly could be wrong here)

#2 on the cross screen under the goal the Hampton kid grabbed the cosby kid first then on the spin and toss the cosby kid was just trying to hang on.

Again thats through MY shade of blue glasses..I'm sure it looks different through yours which is completely understandable, but i will say again it's a shame for both teams the way the game was called.