District 1 A

Htowndawgs

9 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes refs were bad.... Could've called 10 charges on Cosby....33 should've fouled out in the 2nd qtr...We had walks not called on us and turnovers that weren't, and a few push offs not called....But what happened after that game, got too many of us involved and should have NEVER happened. 

Some idiots we're waiting at our locker room and tapping our boys and telling them we could thank the refs for giving them the game. Some people need to GROW UP or stay home....Then the jawing, between ADULTS, continued and here it went...Sad  

I left before the mess happened so I dont know details first hand but we usually have people show up for those games and show their tails and havent been to a game all season til now. I sat right in the middle of Hampton fans all night, we had a good time and didn't want to hit each other... (as far as they know) lol

BUT yes refs were pitiful! 

2 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

I left before the mess happened so I dont know details first hand but we usually have people show up for those games and show their tails and havent been to a game all season til now. I sat right in the middle of Hampton fans all night, we had a good time and didn't want to hit each other... (as far as they know) lol

:roflolk:

We set with some Cosby fans up top...Not an issue one...That brings up another point, there should be clear markings as to which side of a gym a team's fan base is to sit. No reason at all for both fan bases to be mixed up like that. Thats the very reason a couple sets of parents went at it all game then led to the mess at the end.

1 hour ago, old24eagle said:

The only complaints I've heard concerning cosby is the student section using too much profanity.  Mr. Church, cland principal,  posted that he was going to address the issue.  Whether he followed up, i don't know.  I'm a big fan of rowdy student sections but i can see where bad language would cause some problems.  Have you heard anything about this?

33 minutes ago, THE KING said:

The only complaints I've heard concerning cosby is the student section using too much profanity.  Mr. Church, cland principal,  posted that he was going to address the issue.  Whether he followed up, i don't know.  I'm a big fan of rowdy student sections but i can see where bad language would cause some problems.  Have you heard anything about this?

Wasn't really a strong student section there. Everyone was kinda spread around from filling in while the first game was still going on. I wouldn't doubt it , but I'll also tell you if ANY school thinks their kids are any different you're kidding yourself. I've never seen a student section ANYWHERE that didn't have that section of goof balls cussin and flippin birds. While 9-10 kids are acting right the 1 out of 10 makes everyone look bad. 

16 minutes ago, Chsballfan said:

After last nights fight prolly won’t see cosby in any post season play for a few years. After the tssaa gets thru with with banning them and they’ve pay a hefty fine And they won’t  be able to get out  district play after that for a while 

I don't think anything will come from it. JMO though. I missed the altercation so I don't know anything but what ive heard from other people. 

5 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I was talking about clands game at the nest.  I saw some complaints by parents on fb.  I agree with you although some schools are worse than others. Watauga in n Carolina has to be worst.

That game was outta hand halfway through the second quarter. Kind of a calm atmosphere most of the night honestly. Some Cloudland people felt the need to set in our student section the second half. I'm sure they got made fun of and called some names. Security tried to move them back to the other side of the gym and they didnt want to go so they kinda did that themselves. I personally didnt notice anything that other than that and no one got kicked out or removed or complained to us that night. Like I said overall kinda boring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjm70 said:

Why haven’t they moved the game? I guess because UH wants to look pretty on there bus going down 81.

I just got word that we had a chance to move the game to DB (an hour closer), but UH refused....Twits 

51 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Why all the UH hate. My wife works there. :cry:

I know there are many programs that dislike Hampton, Cloudland, HV, SH, Eliz, Greeneville, and so on...But UH is the only program, I know of, that every school in the state of TN has contempt for...Has nothing to do with teachers I'm sure...More to do with things like--(1) their chants of old, that went, "IT'S ALRIGHT, IT'S OKAY, YOU'LL WORK FOR US ONE DAY" as they got their butts handed to em---(2) the attitude on the floor from a couple of the players---And (3) the fact that such attitudes are encouraged from the "better-than-thou-because you are county school trash" adults in the stands and on the bench.

Man that was fun typing :roflol: 

Seriously tho, They beat us on a last second, amazing, bank shot in the district...I'd buckle up for this one.

Edited by uknoit2

16 minutes ago, Appvol said:

@uknoit2 Yeah that’s not to smart. Kids don’t go there for sports. My wife does say that the Meredith kid is a really good kid. 

My wife is going to coach the middle school softball team. Her goal is to be the winningest coach ever. They have never won a game.

So, she just has to win one game and she's reached her goal LOL