DII-A Girls 2019-20 Predictions

RevRoundball78

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Intense said:

TCA, USJ and Harding from West Tn.

Keep an eye on Goodpasture. We ran into them in Missouri this summer. Guy in stands says they were ranked number 1 and got upset last year but looked real solid. They beat us in the Championship game. I do like TCA chances to win it all but there are some good teams.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Keep an eye on Goodpasture. We ran into them in Missouri this summer. Guy in stands says they were ranked number 1 and got upset last year but looked real solid. They beat us in the Championship game. I do like TCA chances to win it all but there are some good teams.

I agree on Goodpasture.  I was just naming the top West Tn teams.  There’s probably one more out of Memphis but not sure who that will be.  Maybe Northpointe?

25 minutes ago, Intense said:

I agree on Goodpasture.  I was just naming the top West Tn teams.  There’s probably one more out of Memphis but not sure who that will be.  Maybe Northpointe?

Northpointe is obviously well coached!! USJ hadn't had any luck with them. I think yow's dominant down low game will put you over the top. If you guys protect the ball, I don't see any one in Div-II A beating you.

In Chattanooga District, it will come down to Notre Dame & Silverdale again. Last year, Notre Dame won the two season games to take the #1 seed, but Silverdale beat them in the District Tournament Finals. 
Notre Dame lost their two ‘bigs’, but has Ford back for her Sr year, who is all-State caliber. Silverdale only had one senior last year, who walked on to UTC. They just have one senior this year as well, who signed with Bryan College. 
With Chattanooga Christian moving up to Div II-A (which is where they were supposed to be all along), there is a big drop off after SBA & Notre Dame. CCS was 3rd in District last year & made it to final 8 in 2017-2018 season. 

Edited by FootballFan51

Goodpasture lost a post player during volleyball that will hurt their numbers. Not a ton of help after Welfel, who was a Miss Basketball finalist last year. That side of that Middle Region is weak after Goodpasture and Clarksville Academy. I could see those teams splitting the regular season, but Goodpasture’s wins on that side will be inflated based on competition. CPA and FRA should both be good and will be helped because they have good coaches. 

1 hour ago, RevRoundball78 said:

Goodpasture lost a post player during volleyball that will hurt their numbers. Not a ton of help after Welfel, who was a Miss Basketball finalist last year. That side of that Middle Region is weak after Goodpasture and Clarksville Academy. I could see those teams splitting the regular season, but Goodpasture’s wins on that side will be inflated based on competition. CPA and FRA should both be good and will be helped because they have good coaches. 

Hate to hear that. We played them this summer and they had a big post that was good. Will not help them especially playing big teams like TCA.