Baylor vs Bradley Central 12/12/19

Wrestlinggeek

48 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

But can they compete with teams such as Blair or WS?

With them literally recruiting everyone on thier team except 2-3 kids, you would think they should be able to, right?

That's a great point. Ive always said "UTC recruits football players and Alabama recruits football players, they should be equal, right".  

2 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

With them literally recruiting everyone on thier team except 2-3 kids, you would think they should be able to, right?

Not a single person has made that claim, Rasslinking.   They probably would not be favored to win a single match. If fact, it's probably unlikely any kid in TN would be favored.  McCallie(2), CBHS(1), Baylor(2), and FR(2) all have kids that wrestled for other high schools.  I think you are over overreacting.

Perhaps a TN team should try to get ranked in the top 50 before beating the best two teams in the country.

If you were hired at McCallie as the head coach, and they didn't have an elementary school, where would you get all of you wrestlers?  You know that kids are not zoned to go to private schools, correct? Would you talk a bunch of 8th graders out for wrestling and win the state a couple years later? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Whether they can or can't really isn't the issue. What is important is they are actually willing to go and attempt to step on the mat with the best in the country. 

• Like 2

My point is Baylor and McCallie are very supportive towards wrestling. The kids they are bringing in aren’t national level (top 20 in country) except Harper, Howard, possibly Horst and Dendy. If your going to recruit an entire team(Baylor) , I would think they would search outside of only GA. When you have Mrs Manson that will get in ANY athlete you want.....I would think they would look outside of “minions”.  What kid has gone there and improved as a wrestler? Those kids were better being coached by Dendy.

PS. I think McCallie is in the middle, attempting to create a foundation that doesn’t rely on a strong recruiting class.

15 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Ding ding ding..... if they can get anyone they want, are they really doing a good job recruiting?

That's a good question RK. Apparently you believe Mrs. Manson needs to take it up a notch. I'll have that discussion next time I see her. 

Edited by mtnrasslin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/14/2019 at 7:10 AM, mtnrasslin said:

That's a good question RK. Apparently you believe Mrs. Manson needs to take it up a notch. I'll have that discussion next time I see her. 

Better ideal... Let RK tell her..

bcb iii :flower:

Edited by Guest