Whitwell playing North Jackson - could this be the return

CougarDadx2

On 2/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, rlh said:

NJ always wanted the game at their place.  They didn't want to do a home and away.  There is no way to keep them from welching if you play at their place 1st.  Jasper thumped them the 1st 2 years and they ran away even harder.  NJ seemed to be stronger in those earlier days as well and they wanted no part of those 90s Jasper teams nor the Pirate teams.  Most of the valley teams play anyway.  NJ wasn't an SVC team so it isn't has historical.  That said, Maybe Jasper can play Whitwell again now that the 3 or 4 year window of Whitwell wins is closed.

Not to mention the last time a scrimmage was in the works, it had to be at their place, concessions sold, refs used and no coaches on the field oh..and pay admission to watch! Uh, that’s a game not a scrimmage! 
 Maybe one day a game can be worked out between these two but I’ll have to say SP will come out victorious. IMO, there’s just a difference in attitude that gets SP the win.

That opinion comes from watching and listening to my stepsons referring to the difference in football compared to SP and at NJ.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:37 AM, CaptainJackRackam said:

Not to mention the last time a scrimmage was in the works, it had to be at their place, concessions sold, refs used and no coaches on the field oh..and pay admission to watch! Uh, that’s a game not a scrimmage! 
 Maybe one day a game can be worked out between these two but I’ll have to say SP will come out victorious. IMO, there’s just a difference in attitude that gets SP the win.

That opinion comes from watching and listening to my stepsons referring to the difference in football compared to SP and at NJ.

I do believe Coach Tygard wouldn’t ask for this same setup if SP and NJ were to scrimmage.  

Just Saying - Chief Mike