2020 Betsy Cyclones

JMorton

5 minutes ago, GangTackle said:

State champions.

15-0.

They would win 4A or 5A this year. 

Only obstacle they are gonna have is Greeneville twice. 

Haywood, Hardin, or Springfield will be in Cookeville. Dont see any of those 3 beating the Cyclones. 

Greeneville will be a challenge as usual. There are some questions with a coaching change but I don’t expect them to miss a stride. Graduation hit them again but not as bad as the previous year. 

4 hours ago, GangTackle said:

State champions.

15-0.

They would win 4A or 5A this year. 

Only obstacle they are gonna have is Greeneville twice. 

Haywood, Hardin, or Springfield will be in Cookeville. Dont see any of those 3 beating the Cyclones. 

I don't think they beat any of the top Knoxville 5A schools, but they probably wouldn't beat the top 3A team in the area either (Alcoa).

5A is always a 1 or 2 team race so it's laughable to say 5A is stronger. As for Alcoa they have our number, as they do with any other team not named Maryville in the state. That being said EHS has given Alcoa their toughest playoff game in recent memory then the next year EHS moved to 4A. I think it was only a matter of time until EHS could pull off an upset, not annually but the gap was getting closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EHSTrack06 said:

5A is always a 1 or 2 team race so it's laughable to say 5A is stronger. As for Alcoa they have our number, as they do with any other team not named Maryville in the state. That being said EHS has given Alcoa their toughest playoff game in recent memory then the next year EHS moved to 4A. I think it was only a matter of time until EHS could pull off an upset, not annually but the gap was getting closer.

I could name about 4 schools in Knoxville 5A that would beat Elizabethton on an annual basis. They will never beat Alcoa, the funny part is Elizabethton finally wins a gold ball and now they're taking all comers???

2 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I agree the gap was getting closer. The 2016 game was very close and competitive. But I think most people would agree Elizabethton moved to 4A because of the Alcoa hurdle. 

20 hours ago, JMorton said:

Thoughts?

Recent history would suggest if you can survive the 3rd round it only gets easier after that. I will say this though I was impressed by Nolensvilles team speed on defense. If they have that caliber of a team next year they would be a tough hurdle on the road. Not sure if they got booted to 5A yet or what happened there. 

17 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

Recent history would suggest if you can survive the 3rd round it only gets easier after that. I will say this though I was impressed by Nolensvilles team speed on defense. If they have that caliber of a team next year they would be a tough hurdle on the road. Not sure if they got booted to 5A yet or what happened there. 

Nolensville will definitely have to move up next reclassification (whenever that ends up being).