Class 5A region 5

ItsFootball

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Agree. They just don't have the overall talent or depth to compete, especially in a very talented region. My guess is that Fayetteville City now gets much of the talent that Lincoln County used to get, which has really crippled that program. It's hard to see any improvement since the overall talent level has dropped so much.

Lincoln County still gets some of the Fayetteville athletes, just not all of them like they did before. Fayetteville may get a couple of kids from Lincoln County, but not many. From what I see, Fayetteville is building a program that will be able to compete for state championships in A the way Lincoln County used to in AAA. If nothing changes, Lincoln County is going to struggle to finish above .500 for a while. 

On 8/13/2020 at 5:24 PM, TheGuru2point0 said:

Those new coaches and players at Shelbyville will see that 5A wont be a cake walk like they seem to think...

I wouldn’t think they would believe it’s going to be a cake walk whatsoever. That would be silly. I do think that coaching staff is really good and they have tons of talent all over the field! They will be fun to watch.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:24 AM, sportsguy22 said:

I wouldn’t think they would believe it’s going to be a cake walk whatsoever. That would be silly. I do think that coaching staff is really good and they have tons of talent all over the field! They will be fun to watch.

They are a really good 1A coaching staff. Let's see how they fair in big boy land....

Summit has 2 dudes.  They did lose a ton off last year's team though.  George, Kisten, MLB went to Navy, Nose was very good,  their best linemen, etc.  so if a team has the guys upfront then they can slow Summit down. Shelbyville had them last year but I have no clue about this year.  I can see Page sliding big time this year then make a big jump next year. Some really good young talent there.  Columbia always has athletes.  They have some good players returning.  Not sure about the others. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Summit has 2 dudes.  They did lose a ton off last year's team though.  George, Kisten, MLB went to Navy, Nose was very good,  their best linemen, etc.  so if a team has the guys upfront then they can slow Summit down. Shelbyville had them last year but I have no clue about this year.  I can see Page sliding big time this year then make a big jump next year. Some really good young talent there.  Columbia always has athletes.  They have some good players returning.  Not sure about the others. 

It’s turned into a pretty darn good region! The top 4 are solid teams with good athletes and really good coaching. I expect both Franklin County and Lincoln County to gradually improve too. However, pending the TSSAA meeting Monday morning, this will likely be the final season with all these teams together in the same region. Summit should move up to 6A, and Shelbyville could stay 5A or move up too. Not sure about Page? Gonna be several changes in the upcoming classification cycle.

6 minutes ago, TheGuru2point0 said:

Well would you look at that Tullahoma leads Shelbyville 28-13 at the half. Told you The Guru knows things. Shelbyville new coaching staff are going to have their work cut out. They arent walking in and winning a championship. 

And you’re making this proclamation one half (only 24 minutes) into the season?! A season with no spring practices and scrimmages, and all kinds of weirdness! Not to mention, Tullahoma has a good team. Relax. Chill. Take a breath. They’ll be fine...I’m sure they’ll get better and better. Amazes me how short-sided and impatient and just plain dumb people can be. Good grief.

• Sad 1