2020 Single A Discussion

Rockstar89

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

They played a few teams out of district this year but most were cancelled, but they definitely got a tough draw. I would put them in the same category as Sale Creek for comparison But regardless of what happens they have really done good just in 3 years of playing.

It is nice to see a new face in the state picture for sure!!! By my guesses you guys Def. have a chance for a win or two in 2nd round. I predict you guys will get Union City in bottom bracket and should win that one. Then probably Sale Creek or Halls. Last year neither were very good at all, but haven’t seen them play this year, but figure a chance there too. Two wins at state tournament would be a huge step forward for a first visit! Good luck, love for you guys to prove my predictions wrong and win even more!

Edited by Rockstar89
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rockstar89 said:

No offense meant at all, but real talk here. I would be surprised if a team with that little experience and only playing a District schedule will have much luck against the defending state champs who haven’t lost a lick since last year. That said, there is a reason they play the games. Any given night...

LOLOL!!! No club players, no personal trainers,  no hours of gruelling practice or driving hours to play tournaments. Just a great group of athletic kids just playing volleyball for FUN. They play for themselves, they play for their school not for their parents, AAU coach, or to sign D1 scholarships LOL.  No pressure on this bunch whatsoever but as for right now they are perfect and that's how this season will be remembered "PERFECT". This is a prime example of playing for fun, what all sports should be. So good luck to all but remember enjoy the moment I promise you this bunch will.

Edited by AAFEVER

I agree sometimes expectation in hs are little too high but we don’t need to get excited  w a competition trophy either - teamwork and friendships very important that you remember for lifetime - hope y’all enjoy the experience ( good or bad ) Summertown goes so much ( not bragging ) that sometimes the new gets lost in the shuffle 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, AAFEVER said:

LOLOL!!! No club players, no personal trainers,  no hours of gruelling practice or driving hours to play tournaments. Just a great group of athletic kids just playing volleyball for FUN. They play for themselves, they play for their school not for their parents, AAU coach, or to sign D1 scholarships LOL.  No pressure on this bunch whatsoever but as for right now they are perfect and that's how this season will be remembered "PERFECT". This is a prime example of playing for fun, what all sports should be. So good luck to all but remember enjoy the moment I promise you this bunch will.

I get it. Have fun! Going to state is a very memorable experience that is for sure! I was talking to a parent from one of the Memphis teams last year that came in undefeated, or maybe one loss. They were so excited to be there. Super athletic kids, but they didn’t have a ‘real’ volleyball coach and hadn’t quite figured out the nuances of the game yet. They had gotten by on pure athleticism in a weak District/Region. I’m not even sure they got to 10 points in most of the sets they played at state. They got absolutely creamed. They had kids underhand serving. It was obvious they had very little experience, but every kid had a smile on her face and the parents were whooping and hollering when they would score a point like they had just won the championship. It was neat to watch. Enjoy the experience and let the kids have fun. You’re right, they won’t ever forget it. 

Edited by Rockstar89

1 hour ago, Rockstar89 said:

Our first Single A state game is in the books: Summertown 3, Meigs Co. 0.

Despite being undefeated, Meigs County only gets past 10 in one set. Hope the girls are still having fun, sounds like it was a rough game.

Watched on nfhs and looked like summertown was really good. But I guess it was like when we beat summertown so bad in softball on our way to 3 rings. I got it summertowns good at volleyball. Check out our other sports plus we’ve Only had a team 3 years. We don’t like losing and we don’t do it much.  Let’s play basketball, softball, volleyball and do u have a football team and let’s see who’s just playing for fun. You will collect lots of participation trophies. 

16 minutes ago, Cashmeout said:

Watched on nfhs and looked like summertown was really good. But I guess it was like when we beat summertown so bad in softball on our way to 3 rings. I got it summertowns good at volleyball. Check out our other sports plus we’ve Only had a team 3 years. We don’t like losing and we don’t do it much.  Let’s play basketball, softball, volleyball and do u have a football team and let’s see who’s just playing for fun. You will collect lots of participation trophies. 

This is a message board about volleyball so we'll just stick to that. If you wanna compare the size of your trophies take it on over to the respective threads on those sports.

Union City just got beat by Watertown and will be your next competition. Good luck, I have you winning that one!  I wish you the best.

1 hour ago, Cashmeout said:

Didn’t know you had a girls football team

On 10/17/2020 at 8:48 AM, Rockstar89 said:

It is nice to see a new face in the state picture for sure!!! By my guesses you guys Def. have a chance for a win or two in 2nd round. I predict you guys will get Union City in bottom bracket and should win that one. Then probably Sale Creek or Halls. Last year neither were very good at all, but haven’t seen them play this year, but figure a chance there too. Two wins at state tournament would be a huge step forward for a first visit! Good luck, love for you guys to prove my predictions wrong and win even more!

Looks like you were right, Summertown is really good, I just hope the girls can get a win or two, that will make the experience a lot better.

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

You are mistaken, Cashmeout identifies as female (and there's nothing wrong with that), that's how she was able to play football AND softball.  

Nope. Just figured our girl athletes could beat summertowns football team. I’m proud of our team, most of our girls play basketball & softball plus picking up volleyball. We didn’t serve underhand or just show up for fun. We came to play and we are humble enough to realize we need to keep working. But, the difference is we will keep having our girls play several sports, keep enjoying watching them play and keep supporting our players and our coaches. In the meantime I’m sure summertown will get a trophy, but we’ll be deep in football playoffs, girls basketball playoffs, and softball playoffs. Our kids will keep succeeding and we’ll keep saying it’s great to be from Meigs County. 

Moving on today is Summertown, Watertown, Sale Creek and Loretto.

Summertown vs. Watertown is a repeat of the final from last year. Watertown will be hungry, but I'll take Summertown again, and Loretto over Sale Creek in a cake walk. That would put two teams from the same District & Region playing in the final four. Not *that* rare (Brentwood & Ravenwood did it several years), but still pretty cool. 

In the bottom bracket I'll take Meigs County over Union City and South Green over Halls. 

Edited by Rockstar89

Rockstar 89. You keep making comments about how Halls/ Union City only made it because of Covid , what 2 other teams from that distract/ region should be there instead if there was no Covid? Those girls have no dealings with how the TSSAA aligns the regions out. They show up in mid June practice hard play a season just like everyone else does and are downgraded because they make the state? In the AA topics you picked Covington as 1 of your 8 to make the state and best I remember Halls & Covington split on the season going 5 sets both times. So Covid or no Covid there would be 2 teams from that end of the state playing in the final 8 even if they are serving underhanded or not & it’s not there fault it’s the systems and they shouldn’t be told they are only there because of a pandemic!