Power 5 Talent in the Division this year?

PurplePanther

3 hours ago, LouPickney said:

Ensworth DB Andre Turrentine is a commit to Ohio State.

Lou- does FRHS have anyone this year?  I know about the QB, but any others?

I also see MBA’s QB getting quite a buzz but he is only a sophomore.  I wonder if there are any prospects to go along with his talent.

Kane Patterson is a LB @ CPA.  He is getting some looks from SEC/ACC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurplePanther said:

Kane Patterson is a LB @ CPA.  He is getting some looks from SEC/ACC.

Kane is the older brother that graduated in '19 and is at Clemson.  Originally an Ohio St commit, I recall.  Langston is the younger brother, a 22 grad, who has offers from Kansas and Vandy (maybe a few others).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JRB said:

Kane is the older brother that graduated in '19 and is at Clemson.  Originally an Ohio St commit, I recall.  Langston is the younger brother, a 22 grad, who has offers from Kansas and Vandy (maybe a few others).

Thanks JRB!  Brain said Langston....twitter thumbs typed Kane.  What are you guys going to do at JP2 this year?  You still have Roberts and Watts at QB, but lost a lot of the defense and o-line I believe.

• Like 1

Yep, JP2 lost much on D and most of their receiving corp.  Word I hear is we should be stronger on the O-line, which bodes well for Roberts.  The more we can keep the ball on the ground the better.  I also understand some competition at QB.  MBA's former QB coach is now at Pope so will be interested to see how that changes, if any, sets and philosophy.  Always a struggle for us in our conference, as I think you know :)

What are the expectations at Ryan? I recall a very good QB and WR returning.

• Like 1

From what is said FR should be OK.  I think a better record than last year....I actually think the Knights go down this year....but I’ve said that the past 5 years.  I keep up on Twitter posts and from what I’ve seen, the WR that caught all of the TDs only has interests from smaller schools....sleeper could be at DE.  6’5 225lb with offers from FCS....but has P5 programs interested.  He was also a wrestler that was 2nd in the state at 195lbs last year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

From what is said FR should be OK.  I think a better record than last year....I actually think the Knights go down this year....but I’ve said that the past 5 years.  I keep up on Twitter posts and from what I’ve seen, the WR that caught all of the TDs only has interests from smaller schools....sleeper could be at DE.  6’5 225lb with offers from FCS....but has P5 programs interested.  He was also a wrestler that was 2nd in the state at 195lbs last year.

Will you make the trek to Pope on 9/11?