BEECH IS COMING TO POWELL WEEK 1

keepitmoving

13 minutes ago, tandem said:

I doubt Beech sells anywhere near 200 tickets for  game that’s 3+ hours away. 

100 or so varsity players. I don’t think 200 is out of the question. I may be surprised, but given its week 1 and we’ve not had any athletics, I think they will sell that number. Going three hours is a drive, but the caliber of competition should help with the crowd as well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eers said:

100 or so varsity players. I don’t think 200 is out of the question. I may be surprised, but given its week 1 and we’ve not had any athletics, I think they will sell that number. Going three hours is a drive, but the caliber of competition should help with the crowd as well. 

rosters are limited to 60.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

I couldn't tell you what the actual capacity is, but it is definitely bigger than 150.

I have no idea why Beech allegedly has only 50 allotted tickets. All I know is that per KCS guidelines, the seating will be marked/roped off appropriately, in order to meet the 1/3 requirement.

Powell with players from both teams, bands, cheerleaders, concessions, gate workers, and fans averaged 6,000 people at home games last year.  I was under the impression that Knox County was giving Powell somewhere around 2000 tickets for the home team, and 150 for the away team.  

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

That would make more sense. That should be the absolute minimum! I would think 400 to 500 is the proper number, though. The fence row allows for many people with spacing. Unless they only have a small couple sets of baseball bleachers, then 200 still seems low. Could they be playing with the numbers to get way more tickets in the hands of their own people? Surely not :)

Are Beech fans really going to travel 2 hours or so to put 200 people in the stands?  

1 minute ago, keepitmoving said:

Powell with players from both teams, bands, cheerleaders, concessions, gate workers, and fans averaged 6,000 people at home games last year.  I was under the impression that Knox County was giving Powell somewhere around 2000 tickets for the home team, and 150 for the away team.  

Not really a fair ratio if that is true. Not fair at all.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Not really a fair ratio if that is true. Not fair at all.

For Knox County schools that is how it is going to be all year.  Home team is going to have a MAJOR advantage when it comes to fans.  Away teams are only going to get 150 tickets to sell.  Going to be a weird year for sure.  

1 minute ago, keepitmoving said:

For Knox County schools that is how it is going to be all year.  Home team is going to have a MAJOR advantage when it comes to fans.  Away teams are only going to get 150 tickets to sell.  Going to be a weird year for sure.  

Oh well. That is unfortunate. It is a crazy, weird year for sure!! Beech probably should have fought harder for a home game. They now only have 4 home games and Powell has 6. Kind of stinks, especially if they are unhappy with the ticket allotment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tandem said:

Beech couldn’t find anyone in Middle TN that would play them, including a private that routinely recruits away their players. 

I hope Womble and Williams, the two Summer Co sports people took note!!  They said nobody in county would play them!!  

1 hour ago, eers said:

I agree.