BEECH IS COMING TO POWELL WEEK 1

keepitmoving

This should be a fun one to watch. Unfortunately there are only 50 tickets available for Beech. Hopefully it will be streamed. Sounds like this will be a difficult test for a very young Beech D. Bucs do return a lot on offense. If the D can improve as the year goes it should be a fun year. 

3 hours ago, tandem said:

This should be a fun one to watch. Unfortunately there are only 50 tickets available for Beech. Hopefully it will be streamed. Sounds like this will be a difficult test for a very young Beech D. Bucs do return a lot on offense. If the D can improve as the year goes it should be a fun year. 

Is this a joke? 50 tickets? Little league bleachers or what? You shouldn’t be allowed to have a home game if you can only allot 50 tickets to the visiting team. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Is this a joke? 50 tickets? Little league bleachers or what? You shouldn’t be allowed to have a home game if you can only allot 50 tickets to the visiting team. 

Well said!! That is horrible! Beech should have had the game at home too, based on the two teams’ schedules. What an unfair situation. 200 tickets should be the absolute minimum!!

11 hours ago, tandem said:

This should be a fun one to watch. Unfortunately there are only 50 tickets available for Beech. Hopefully it will be streamed. 

KCS has made it clear that they are only allowing one-third stadium capacity this fall with very limited walk-up ticket sales (if any). That said, I would hope that Powell would allot more tickets in advance to Beech, especially since both teams needed to add this game, and because Beech is giving up a home game to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

KCS has made it clear that they are only allowing one-third stadium capacity this fall with very limited walk-up ticket sales (if any). That said, I would hope that Powell would allot more tickets in advance to Beech, especially since both teams needed to add this game, and because Beech is giving up a home game to play.

So 1/3 capacity..... their visitor’s side only seats 150???

29 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So 1/3 capacity..... their visitor’s side only seats 150???

I couldn't tell you what the actual capacity is, but it is definitely bigger than 150.

I have no idea why Beech allegedly has only 50 allotted tickets. All I know is that per KCS guidelines, the seating will be marked/roped off appropriately, in order to meet the 1/3 requirement.

18 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I couldn't tell you what the actual capacity is, but it is definitely bigger than 150.

I have no idea why Beech allegedly has only 50 allotted tickets. All I know is that per KCS guidelines, the seating will be marked/roped off appropriately, in order to meet the 1/3 requirement.

Now hearing Beech is getting 200 tickets. That makes more sense. 

Edited by tandem
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tandem said:

Now hearing they are getting 200 tickets. That makes more sense. 

That would make more sense. That should be the absolute minimum! I would think 400 to 500 is the proper number, though. The fence row allows for many people with spacing. Unless they only have a small couple sets of baseball bleachers, then 200 still seems low. Could they be playing with the numbers to get way more tickets in the hands of their own people? Surely not :)

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

That would make more sense. That should be the absolute minimum! I would think 400 to 500 is the proper number, though. The fence row allows for many people with spacing. Unless they only have a small couple sets of baseball bleachers, then 200 still seems low. Could they be playing with the numbers to get way more tickets in the hands of their own people? Surely not :)

I've been told that they may not even have walk-up ticket sales (per KCS guidelines), so unless they pre-sell a ton of tickets, I don't see that as an issue. I know that the school was selling season tickets to students/staff/parents today and tomorrow, and the general public has the opportunity to buy season tickets on Thursday only. I have no idea how they will sell/distribute single game tickets.

3 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I've been told that they may not even have walk-up ticket sales (per KCS guidelines), so unless they pre-sell a ton of tickets, I don't see that as an issue. I know that the school was selling season tickets to students/staff/parents today and tomorrow, and the general public has the opportunity to buy season tickets on Thursday only. I have no idea how they will sell/distribute single game tickets.

I think many schools are doing only presale and not selling any tickets at the gate, so that makes sense. I also realize this is a crazy situation and tons of work for all administrators! It's way less than ideal to be sure.

4 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

I think many schools are doing only presale and not selling any tickets at the gate, so that makes sense. I also realize this is a crazy situation and tons of work for all administrators! It's way less than ideal to be sure.

Agreed. Total chaos for those folks. I'm sure we will learn a lot after this week's games, just from a logistics standpoint.

• Like 1