Fayetteville @ Marion County

93grad

4 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Hahahaha....... I do remember Sanders absolutely having a field day.

Y'all had a little trouble with Nunez that night. He was a good sized 8th grader. And I won't even say anything about our qb wearing a different color jersey now :D. Great kid!!

I remember Nunez from that night and have tried to follow him since then.  Very good athlete.  And good size. 

I was gonna send you a private message a couple days ago but I think CoachT has changed his policy back to only plus members being able to.  I don't see the star out by your name and can't remember if you had one once upon a time? 

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'll go with Jasper protecting their home turf in this one.   I don't think Fayetteville will be as talented this year.  Their season ended abruptly last year and I wonder if any of that will carry over?   Did Fayetteville City lose anyone to Lincoln County this year.

@Varo

Fayetteville has the same amount of talent as last year...they are just younger. I don’t think the end of last year will have negative impact on this season. If anything, I’m hoping they are mad about it. And Fayetteville didn’t lose anyone to Lincoln county that mattered. They actually got 2 back that they lost the year before. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

I remember Nunez from that night and have tried to follow him since then.  Very good athlete.  And good size. 

I was gonna send you a private message a couple days ago but I think CoachT has changed his policy back to only plus members being able to.  I don't see the star out by your name and can't remember if you had one once upon a time? 

I've never been a plus member. I didn't know that had changed either. 

Nunez is a good one. If he could have added about 20 to 25 lbs through high school it would've helped him.

59 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Like I said earlier I just don't know about the kids learning a whole different offense and defense with not much practice or any scrimmages. I know they have it in them but it will be tough starting the year out. 

On offense last year the 2 that had the most success against us was Clark and Twitty and they have both graduated. On defense it was Pace and Thomison and they're gone as well. I believe we had 7 or 8 turnovers and half of those were inside the 20. I am certain we will play better being at home and all the kids being a year older (I think we return 16 or 18 starters). I just hope it doesn't rain is all.

Losing Clark hurts bad but there is a freshman who might be a better athlete if that is possible. There are young guys that can replace the others but definitely lack experience. I think Fayetteville’s speed is the difference. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Fayetteville has the same amount of talent as last year...they are just younger. I don’t think the end of last year will have negative impact on this season. If anything, I’m hoping they are mad about it. And Fayetteville didn’t lose anyone to Lincoln county that mattered. They actually got 2 back that they lost the year before. 

I had heard a couple had transferred to the county school but couldn't verify it.  I didn't hear anything about what type talent transferred.    

I just see yall as a younger team this year and believe Jasper will have the upper hand in homefield and playing experience.  That's the difference I see this year. 

Good luck on that side of the mountain/bracket this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Losing Clark hurts bad but there is a freshman who might be a better athlete if that is possible. There are young guys that can replace the others but definitely lack experience. I think Fayetteville’s speed is the difference. 

We have a couple that are pretty quick. I hope you get to witness it lol. There's one that if he gets the edge I'm not sure it's worth chasing him.

On 8/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, PurplePower68 said:

:roflolk: I dont think anyone came out hard after Coach Pruitt was hired. I believe me and Madness were the only MC fans on the thread. A lot of the old heads that used to be on here had kids that graduated and they just don't mess with it anymore. (At least the few that I know.)

I'm around.  Been gone a few years cause granddaughter was cheerleader for Chattanooga Christian.  Shes headed to TN tech now so I will be back.  Also dont think the last coach had it.  

• Like 1